Merseytravel Challenge

New York? Sydney? Bognor Regis? We're spoilt for choice ...
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Merseytravel Challenge

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Although this may not please Neil, I've recently been tempted to join the Rail UK Forum by a friend of mine on the same course as me at University as he is going along to one of their challenges and he thought it may interest me. Unfortunately though I can not make the date, so I've asked if I can extend my invite to anyone on this forum who is interested, and I've had that granted! While I'll give you the general outline and concept of the challenge here, I've been asked that if you are interested enough to go along to the event that you sign up to the Rail UK Forum and add your name to the list of competitors, purely so that an idea of the number of competitors can be gained.

The challenge is to travel to as many stations within the "Saveaway All Zones" region of Merseytravel in the allotted time of 1030 to 1700 on Saturday 31st October 2009. The map of the challenge can be reached on the following link, which also highlights the stations within the challenge: namely all those in either the yellow or grey regions. (In the yellow zone your Saveaway All Zones ticket is also valid on all buses and ferry's alongside trains.) http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/pdf/Mers ... orkMap.pdf

For the full rules (which are surprisingly long and precise) please visit www.railforums.co.uk and sign up for a free account, as the details of this event are in a members only section of the site.

If you do decide to go, please show those train people who are best when it comes to challenges, but most of all have fun!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Re: Merseytravel Challenge

Post by tubeguru »

Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:Although this may not please Neil ... please visit http://www.railforums.co.uk and sign up for a free account.
Having just re-read this (having ignored it first time round), I assume you're pre-empting my quoting this forum rule:

"8. No spam, adverts, links to NON-RELEVANT sites or any other such nonsense UNLESS it is posted in the Off Topic Chat forum. Non-relevant is taken to mean anything not remotely connected with the subject matter of this forum (such as XBoxes). Update - this extends to the posting of links that contain advertising within them."

Was that what you were worried about?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

As seen as you asked, no it wasn't, as I didn't think it was would be classed as a "non relevant" site. I thought you would be more concerned about me being cajoled into joining another forum, not that I've used it since. This remark about you was intended as flippant and off the cuff comment that I thought most readers would consider for what it is, hyperbole.

While I personally don't see it as "non relevant" as it points tube forum members to a very similar event and group of people, you are perfectly within your rights to remove that hyperlink, or even, ultimately terminate my account if you so inclined. As I joined the forum knowing this, I will not hold it against you if you do either of these actions.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I joined that forum years ago not giving a shit if it clashed with this one, so make of that what you will ... :)

Member of sweet FA
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Well like I said, I haven't used it since. Whereas, I'm here quite often. I don't think I need to say more.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I don't worry much about clashing websites these days. After all, this is the only one I know of where tube challenging is discussed in such detail.

Member of sweet FA