GWR Full Network Attempt Fri 18th April - Live updates

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: GWR Full Network Attempt Fri 18th April - Live updates

Post by greatkingrat »

Maybe we could get Ferrero Rocher to sponsor the Zone 1 day and provide free chocolates for everyone!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Chocolate sponsoring athletics? OK, maybe half the athletics here are of the mind, but still, it's a bit like McDonalds sponsoring the Olympics.

Edit: The Ferrero Rocher record should definitely be broken though. I reckon all you'd have to do is to film it with someone operating a stopwatch, and prove on film that the watch was started and stopped at the right points, and and and.. maybe they'd need an official to come and watch.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

CrunchySaviour wrote:Chocolate sponsoring athletics? OK, maybe half the athletics here are of the mind, but still, it's a bit like McDonalds sponsoring the Olympics.
Reminds me of The Simpsons
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The Fererererooo Rocher Record does not look that easy if this YouTube clip is anything to go by!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRx3Y9AuEg&NR=1
One day I shall return!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

:lol: Excellent! It's obviously not the unwrapping that's the problem then.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Hammer
Zone 1

Post by Hammer »

Right I have a few copies of Ariel here, there's not a lot on the challenge but you do get 100 words and a small pic on the back page. Which is something!

PM me for a copy.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Having already read the article - I am somewhat suprised that this has been claimed as a GWR without mentioning that it needs to be verified.

As Geoff found out when he thought he had set his first record, Jack Welsby had already set a faster time which was awaiting vertification. As much as we would like every tube challenger to use these forums - sadly, they do not.

That said, I do hope that the records is verified without any problems. Congrats all.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I guess because the article only appears on the BBC Intranet site that they are not that worried about waiting for official Guinness confirmation. I would never be the presumptuous and fully expect at least 3 months wait for the record to be confirmed, by which time I expect it will have been beaten anyway. :)
One day I shall return!