Joy 54 - GWR attempt live updates

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Dr Who
Zone 6

Re: Joy 54 - GWR attempt live updates

Post by Dr Who »

Well from my point of view good service is good because our route is timetabled so we know exactly want train we want, & if our train is late or cancelled due to bad service then our time/route goes out the window.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Obviously good service is better than bad service, but the point that moley is making is that good service doesn't:
a.) Guarantee you a GWR
nor b.) Guarantee you that every train will be on time, just because a line has good service doesn't mean that every train will be running to time.
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Well just woken up with really aching muscles, but yeh a very frustrating day. I couldn't of had better luck with the underground showing good service all day apart from one minor problem on the Jubilee (which did affect me). I feel that the route is easily capable of bringing in a 23.04 arrival at HT5 but I can't say I didn't yesterday for lack of good luck as I certainly had my fair share of that just the bad luck came also.

Highlights
-Me telling the driver of the Metropolitan line at Watford jokingly that he had made me miss my connection, and he said to me he would make it up on the run down to North Harrow for me and true to his word he went for it and I arrived into North Harrow 2 early
-2 buses coming immediatly early on, both I just checked if they would be coming on the off chance and both were very quick, both saving me running and one making a connection I definatly wouldn't of made otherwise.
-Making up the 10 minutes down from the Moor Park business by some very smooth changes in Zone 1
-Just missing a 79 at Edgware when I came out of the doors and then as soon as I run up to the bus stop a 340 comes out and then overtakes the 79
-The bus coming JUST at the last second before I was to give up and go back into the station to go to Olympia and then me running like a madman to catch it shoutng if you leave I'll kill you etc. and making it with literally seconds to spare
-Wimbledon- Morden, District Line train arriving to Northern Line train departing 13 minutes (very close though as at Morden screen said 3 minutes next train but I casually walked towards the 3 minute wait train and then heard beeping so I had to push past people and dive into the doors just making it)
-A sucession of 6 changes pretty quick after another all with 0 minutes wait
-The 384 only taking 15 minutes from High Barnet to Cockfosters!!

Lowlights
-Actually making the Moor Park connection but the service being 3 minutes late meant I JUST missed the connection at Watford
-Central line wait of 3 minutes (I know not very long but I was on a roll of quick changes at this point)
-A THIRTEEN minute wait for a Jubilee line train to take me to Stanmore from Canons Park, which I checked to see how long I'd have to wait while on the 340 and I actually checked to see if I stayed on the 340 to Stanmore Broadway and ran it to Stanmore if I'd be any better off but it would of been the same train I'd of been on from Stanmore.
-A 4 minute late Richmond train making me miss the connection at Richmond and thus putting me 20 minutes behind after already being 10 down
-Just missing a Waterloo & City and having to wait 5 minutes for the next one
-Not being able to get to a Metropolitan line train at Liverpool Street because of the rush hour crowds
-Sitting at Mile End for around 5 minutes because the train was too full and the door nearly breaking- this then delayed my whole trip up towards Epping, as I missed the connection south at Epping and then had to get the train 20 minutes later to go round the loop.
-MILL HILL EAST! Don't really want to talk about it but never have I been so gutted on a challenge it really was ridiculous that driver
-Missing the record by 3 minutes
Last edited by joy54 on 11 Apr 2008, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

You appeared to be arguing moley's point though, which was the point I was re-iterating.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Unlucky Steve, sounds like the two decisive points were your Canons Park wait and your MHE trauma, it's so disappointing when in an 18 hour day, two individual moments like those can scupper your whole chance. I'm sure you'll give it another go soon though!
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Steeevooo wrote:Unlucky Steve, sounds like the two decisive points were your Canons Park wait and your MHE trauma, it's so disappointing when in an 18 hour day, two individual moments like those can scupper your whole chance. I'm sure you'll give it another go soon though!
Yeh and the worst bit about Canons Park was I really needed to go for a piss but they had just cleaned the toilets so they were closed so all that waiting around and not even anywhere to go toilet, and I had to wait another 2 hours before I could go!
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Do what Geoff does, take a bottle. :wink:
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

garion24wales wrote:Do what Geoff does, take a bottle. :wink:
I had loads of people asking me what I did when I needed to go and one group of students who I asked for a witness statement actually gave me a bottle with a wide opening!
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Hehe...just don't mistake it for apple juice after! :lol:
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22