GWR VIII - Full Network Attempt - Friday 18th April

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Re: GWR VIII - Full Network Attempt - Friday 18th April

Post by CrunchySaviour »

The lack of a sufficiently early breakfast at B&Bs (i.e. pay for B&B, receive only one B) has always been one of the major factors in keeping my wallet in my pocket, and has stopped me from recklessly attempting more challenges than I have. It would be superb to have a B&B willing to put on a proper early breakfast on request. Mmmm.

Besides, Ollie's in Chesham practically is a B&B anyway! :lol:

Edit: Well, maybe not a MAJOR factor...
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

CrunchySaviour wrote:The lack of a sufficiently early breakfast at B&Bs (i.e. pay for B&B, receive only one B) has always been one of the major factors in keeping my wallet in my pocket, and has stopped me from recklessly attempting more challenges than I have. It would be superb to have a B&B willing to put on a proper early breakfast on request. Mmmm.

Besides, Ollie's in Chesham practically is a B&B anyway! :lol:

Edit: Well, maybe not a MAJOR factor...
I'm not so sure the second "B" would be such a good idea with the early morning runs to consider.......

Can see bacon, sausage, egg, beans, fried bread all coming back up again........... :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

How about a B & BB - Bed and breakfast bar? I would give you a Nutri-Grain at five in the morning and send you on your way.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Indeed!

Boiled egg and toast wouldn't go amiss though.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Back on topic, I have some more news about our attempt scheduled for next Friday 18th April.
The Starkey-Brown team will be accompanied throughout the attempt by Rachel Brabbins of BBC Three Counties Radio. This Friday just after 2pm I will be live on BBC 3CR with Lorna Milton and Rachel Brabbins giving a bit of background about tube challenge. Next week on Lorna's afternoon show they will have a feature every day, following Rachels preparation for the challenge, such as training with an Ironman and visiting a steam train museum to discover some transport history. Will all the training in the world be enough to prepare Rachel for the challenge?
One day I shall return!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

Wow well done you media whores! I'll try and rememeber to tune in on Friday and listen in as well as next week!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Wow, that's quite some extensive media coverage, and 3CR is my local radio station! Well done.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Wow... so 3CR covers Beds, Herts, Bucks & Adelaide, thats amazing!
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

I think it was my comments about the fact that we are finely tuned athletes and that she would need to go out running every two days that put Lorna off, I'll ask her on Friday.
One day I shall return!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Soup Dragon wrote:Wow... so 3CR covers Beds, Herts, Bucks & Adelaide, thats amazing!
:roll: I'm not here FOREVER, you know!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Im sure anthony will put a link up so everybody can hear it even those who are in Finland for the weekend i hope she is prepared for Roger Bannister style type runs though.

On a more lighter note does anyone know how Steven (joy54) is getting on today seems good service at moment and it will set a benchmark for ur team to beat if he does it Anthony.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Soup Dragon wrote:Back on topic, I have some more news about our attempt scheduled for next Friday 18th April.
The Starkey-Brown team will be accompanied throughout the attempt by Rachel Brabbins of BBC Three Counties Radio. This Friday just after 2pm I will be live on BBC 3CR with Lorna Milton and Rachel Brabbins giving a bit of background about tube challenge. Next week on Lorna's afternoon show they will have a feature every day, following Rachels preparation for the challenge, such as training with an Ironman and visiting a steam train museum to discover some transport history. Will all the training in the world be enough to prepare Rachel for the challenge?
I don't quite see how visiting a museum could really help one prepare for the challenge, but I guess she's probably too enthusiastic to care about that...

I'm not sure if it's the media element that has made me change my mind, but what the hell: Guys, I'll start the stopwatch for you. Could you give me a lift from Chesham to Amersham again? If you could give me a lift back after the challenge too, then I could stop the stopwatch as well. If not, then I'm sure we could come to some kind of arrangement - one that works this time :)

Maybe, Anthony or Kevin, one of you could give me a call to discuss it?
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Root wrote: I'm not sure if it's the media element that has made me change my mind, but what the hell: Guys, I'll start the stopwatch for you. Could you give me a lift from Chesham to Amersham again? If you could give me a lift back after the challenge too, then I could stop the stopwatch as well. If not, then I'm sure we could come to some kind of arrangement - one that works this time :)

Maybe, Anthony or Kevin, one of you could give me a call to discuss it?
Ollie not a problem and much appreciated, one of us will contact you directly to firm up the arrangements..... :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Media whore.

Soup Dragon, you didn't tell her we were finely tuned atheletes did you?
*sheesh*
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Starkey7 wrote:Media whore.

Soup Dragon, you didn't tell her we were finely tuned atheletes did you?
*sheesh*
Not in so many words, but I think that this might have been the general impression that I gave her.
One day I shall return!