B & B in Amersham

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Root
All Zones

Re: B & B in Amersham

Post by Root »

Better to go to Heathrow before Richmond and get the bus from Hatton Cross to Feltham rather than the other way round, if you ask me. Usually it's not too difficult to fiddle with your route a little bit to change the order in which you visit those.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
jbom1

Post by jbom1 »

If you just miss the Windsor or Reading train at Richmond, would you consider the alternative of doing Richmond to Heathrow via the District & Piccadilly lines? This would have the potential advantage of visiting Chiswick Park on the way. Other alternatives, like Richmond - St. Margaret's - H37 - Hounslow East - Heathrow, also exist; one might consider this if there's an imminent Wimbledon or Hounslow loop train and a longish wait for a Feltham one.

If there's no sign of a 285 bus at Feltham, I think you can catch any of the relevant routes from the stop almost opposite the St. Giles Hotel, a couple of minutes' run (north-east) from the station.

It's also worth knowing that there are toilets at Richmond and Feltham stations as well as on the Richmond-Feltham-Reading trains.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

If you arrive at Feltham heading to Hatton Cross I would say that you should run around the corner rather than wait for the 285 or H26, The H26 takes a very long route anyway so not an ideal option. If you run around the corner you have the choice of 90, 285 or 490 and it only takes around 8-12 minutes (depending on the time of day). Thursday evening I would be OK to support, I guess it depends whereabouts on the network you are scheduled to be at that time.
One day I shall return!
Barton Blue
Zone 1

Post by Barton Blue »

Soup Dragon wrote:If you arrive at Feltham heading to Hatton Cross I would say that you should run around the corner rather than wait for the 285 or H26, The H26 takes a very long route anyway so not an ideal option. If you run around the corner you have the choice of 90, 285 or 490 and it only takes around 8-12 minutes (depending on the time of day). Thursday evening I would be OK to support, I guess it depends whereabouts on the network you are scheduled to be at that time.
It depends on what you describe as evening, but hopefully i will be heading up the Northern line at about 6pm.

Thanks to all those who have given advice, it's really appreaciated!