DLR 39- Record Set

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
tangy
Site Administrator

DLR 39- Record Set

Post by tangy »

For my first challenge of 2008, I decided to set a time for the new DLR configuration (with Langdon Park) and set a time of 01:47:35.

I was joined by Andi and set off to follow my "normal" route starting at Lewisham at 1305, by Cutty Sark the doors closed at 13:13:13, dodgy? I guess it was as just got to the Jubilee gateline a train pulled away, resulting in a four minute wait. Then at King George V, ran down to the bus stop to see whether there was a bus coming. To our joy, there was one standing at the previous stop but after two minutes it hadn't moved and all the passengers were disembarking. It turned it the bus had broke down!

So after seeing that the bus wasn't going anywhere, there was only one thing for it, run to Gallions Reach. However just as we reached teh Gallions Reach roundabout noted a Beckton bound train rumble over the bridge and despite one last effort to get on it, we missed it. So with 10 minutes until the next one, that was the end of that attempt.

We both decided we can do another attempt, and after a breif discussion we decided to do the route in reverse i.e. start at Bank and end at Lewisham. Which was a good choice as we had virtaully instant connections between trains (bar 9 minutes at Startford) and therefore have set the the time of 01:47:35 for DLR39.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.