Its time to beat the Brown Clan

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

FINAL UPDATE

OK I am off to do the food drop, Damo has had to re-jig the route and still estimates to be around 45 mins outside his scehdule which is approx 30mins outside GWR.....

Looks like the Brown clan may hold on for a while yet....... :?:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

*** UPDATE at 22:50 ***
Nozza, with Andi & Kevin in support is currently heading from Wimbledon up to Earls Court., currently Nozza is 1:15 behind schedule so will abort at Earls Court missing 12 stations before heading down to Heathrow. So this is now officially a 256 attempt.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well now that i am back from helping nozza I give some news on what happened on the day.

First of Amersham departure was 05.28.33 a 33 secs bonus i went ahead of nozza at some points to give him info on trains i got into Moor park 7 mins ahead of him and yes he made connection quite easily up to Watford.

Things were going well until the first Bus a bloody hippy with huge great big conk of a nose paid for a ticket in money £10 and held up the bus this cost us the connection at the station as it left as we were running up the stairs.

All bus connections for the day were superband waiting time was minimal and damo has learnt a little tip from me on one of the journeys.

It was a day of ups and downs but suprisingly the network rarely had problems apart from a very slow driver of a met train in the centre who cost us a lot of time.

It was quite a nice time we had a good laugh doing it but i must curb my swearing oh and sorry to the guy i ran over at wimbledon station but u should really get ballet lessons because u couldnt move for shit.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

A couple of points of interest yesterday.......

Damo got a wtiness statement from 2 lads who were doing some research for a full network attempt....... I think one of them was called Darren, apparently they view the forum but are not members so watch out :shock:

Heading into Richmond Andi was debating if he should get off and grab a beer at Kew Gardens and meet Damo on the way back........
There was time to go and get a tray of beers as the doors closed and opened 5 times.....just as well all chance of a GWR had gone.........
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:...but i must curb my swearing ... u couldnt move for shit.
Heh.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

As Damo and Kev can attest to my swearing on the day was very bad and i wasnt even doing the attempt goodness how bad it would be if i were.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

palkanetoijala31 wrote:As Damo and Kev can attest to my swearing on the day was very bad and i wasnt even doing the attempt goodness how bad it would be if i were.
I did tell Andi that if he didn't curb his language then he wouldn't be able to challenge with godspeed :D
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Well I finally got home Friday morning.

I first need to say a big thank you to Andi who supported all day and to kev for the food drop and support in the evening.

Wednesday should have been good day for the challenge weather was fair and a reasonable service all day.

As Andi stated above the day started well and was on schedule until the first bus where a language barrier and a £10 note cost valuable time and gave us that most dreaded tube challenge moment of watching your train depart the station.

Another 10mins lost at Harrow & Wealdstone as again just missed the connection.

And a further 20mins lost on the Hainault loop.

On the Plus side we had several sexy changes including arrive Edgware - cannons park - Stanmore - Depart in 13 mins.

the day was eventually aborted early at earls court and we the travelled to Heathrow completing 255 Stations.

Not all was lost a lot was learnt for the next go in the spring.