New Guinness World Record 18h20m26s

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

Nice one guys.

Am I right in thinking that this is the same stations that Jack Welsby had to do when this decade's challenging began? All but 101 seconds of an hour have been shaved away.
What would I know? - I'm from Yorkshire for starters...
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

And also remember the added hardship of doing Shoreditch replacement bus - at least another 15-20 minutes harder...
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Many thanks to everyone for the kind words of congratulations......

Yes this is the best Christmas present that one could hope for...... :D

The day itself seems so long ago now and we have been out for CiN since, it is difficult to remember all the events of the day...... :?

I do recall that we had to change plan very early in the morning due to a cancelled Piccadilly Line train and then during the day there were 2 or 3 more route alterations......

Things were looking doubtful in the early evening, but then we got some better fortune and coming around the H & C Line late in the day we thought that this could really be on....... Then there was that delay at Edgware Road due to an obstruction on the line and all hope had gone really....... :cry:

Then the final twist of very good fortune, the delayed Piccadilly Line train at Hammersmith that shouldn't have been there :D
I remember that last run from the H & C station (I think it was Soup Dragon that said "lets give it the beans on this one")across the traffic, pushing tired legs beyond the pain barrier and thinking that it was all pointless as we were only to be sitting about waiting for the Heathrow train.....

We owe a very big thankyou to our support team on the day and Root & Tangy for stopwatch duties....... :D

Well here's to the new configuration & GWR with a whole line missing.....
Should be a piece of cake now folks...... :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Well done guys :)

Merry Christmas to all as well :D
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Ah ha! So they have finally confirmed the record, so my extra witness statement did the trick then! I can still remember this as if it were yesterdy and I weren't even doing the challenge!

Glad I could be of assistance. Time to pop open the bubbly!!!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

A big big well done to starkey and all the brown clan and hope to see your name in the book next year.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.