Tube Challenge Planner Program

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
rjwc
Zone 1
Location: 1 hour from London! Of all the places we could have moved to........

Tube Challenge Planner Program

Post by rjwc »

I didnt quite know where to put this in the forum, but here we go:)

I am writing a program which will enable Challenge Planners to find a station and all the lines that connect with that station, so as not to waste time trying to find Bethnal Green on a tube map. It is written in HTML (as a webpage) as I am not proficient in any other codecs. The actual Database of the stations is in Microsoft Excel (this is a first) but may be moved to phpBB coding later along the line.

As far as I know this is the first program of its kind (please correct me if I am wrong) Comments welcome but do not expect immediate replies as I am 13 and do get lots of homework. Screenshots will follow.
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

I remember being 13.....those were the days. I'm 17 now and I still get lots of homework :(
Last edited by Garion on 06 Oct 2007, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
rjwc
Zone 1

Post by rjwc »

Loadsof Homework!!!!!!

UPDATE 1:
168 Stations databased. 6 Lines complete.
rjwc
Zone 1

Post by rjwc »

First Screenshot
(Of Front Page)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

garion24wales wrote:I remember being 13.....those were the days. I'm 17 now and I still get loads of homework :(
I can remember being 13 & 17.... I'm 43 and now I get to do my kids homework :)

Thanks for posting rjwc and welcome to the forum.
One day I shall return!
rjwc
Zone 1

Post by rjwc »

Well now thats 273 stations done, 12 lines complete. I have a questionn for all you knowledgeable people: Do I include DLR stations? and How Many Stations are there? Im at all lines done but only 273 stations done?

Thanks

Ralph

PS. Hi Soup Dragon, pity I have to do my own homework :cry: Simaltaneous Equations here I come!
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

rjwc wrote:Well now thats 273 stations done, 12 lines complete. I have a questionn for all you knowledgeable people: Do I include DLR stations? and How Many Stations are there? Im at all lines done but only 273 stations done?
There are 275, but two Paddingtons and two Hammersmiths.

The DLR isn't techinically part of the underground network (although it's shown on the map) but I'm sure there won't be too many people who won't want you to include it - it'll make other challenges easier :)
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

And 2 x Shepherd's Bush + 2 x Edgware Road, but I guess you already counted them... Also note that all these "double" stations have one station on the H&C line!
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

jamesthegill wrote:
rjwc wrote:Well now thats 273 stations done, 12 lines complete. I have a questionn for all you knowledgeable people: Do I include DLR stations? and How Many Stations are there? Im at all lines done but only 273 stations done?
There are 275, but two Paddingtons and two Hammersmiths.

The DLR isn't techinically part of the underground network (although it's shown on the map) but I'm sure there won't be too many people who won't want you to include it - it'll make other challenges easier :)
Have you included the infamous Shoreditch? Although it is closed Guinness say that you must still visit it by bus.
One day I shall return!
rjwc
Zone 1

Post by rjwc »

I have got Shoreditch and definatley the 2 Paddington's and Shepherd Bushe's I think I slipped up on the Hammersmith and Edgware Road's.

Cheers for that guys and I'm relived about the DLR! It would have been harder than the District!

EDIT:
Sorry, I slipped up on the other Hammersmith and Canons Park on the Jubilee Line near Stanmore.