shoreditch

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
palkanetoijala31

shoreditch

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

hi

can somebody please clear up the shoreditch issue for us the replacement bus drop off is actually not near the station so do you have to walk there from the bus stop and then walk from shoreditch to wherever and do you have to take the bus for 1 part as per rules in gwr or isnt it quicker to run there and back?
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

You have to take the bus from Whitechapel to Shoreditch High Street, but only to the bus stop. You are not required to walk from the bus stop to the site of the old station. You can take the bus in whichever direction you wish.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

so for example you could walk (run) from Liverpool Street to Brick Lane / Bethnal Green Road, the buses to Whitechapel depart from stop SA. You need to make sure you are there at the right time of day as the replacement buses only run 0700-1030 and 1530-2030, so this makes route planning quite tricky :roll:
One day I shall return!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

When using the replacement bus the best time to try and use it is between 19:30 and the end of service as the times for the bus are consistant at around 4-6mins journey time. Also at this time of day no market outside Whitechapel station.

The times I have tried It the best way I found is to travel from liverpool street to stop SA and then use the replacement bus back to Whitechapel.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.