RE:GWR ATTEMPT 1 MORE PARTNER NEEDED

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

hwolge wrote:Knowing only - Yksi, kaksi and kolme - I think I can safely guess the rest, right?
BTW Did you know that some 5% of the Finns actually have Swedish as their native tounge?
Yes I did, as per this rather interesting page from my website.... :wink:

http://pic5.piczo.com/tubedragon/?g=35881773&cr=5

You will never guess what the subject matter is :D
One day I shall return!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

hwolge wrote:Knowing only - Yksi, kaksi and kolme - I think I can safely guess the rest, right?
BTW Did you know that some 5% of the Finns actually have Swedish as their native tounge?
Well, I think "Moi" means "Hello" or something like that.
And yes, given that you know the first three, you can safely guess the rest :wink:
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Interesting to see that the guy asking for help still hasn't been back to check, while we're all blabbering on about Finnish.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Maybe we scared him off with our warm welcome :)
Perhaps he is the Finnish version of ********
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

As the original person who wrote this i must first apologise for the following things
1. my caps button was stuck therefore not my fault
2. my grasp of the english language in written form is not perfect re: i thought was read this.
3. use of the word HATE the finns have a natural rivalry with the swedes apologies hakan no mean to offend and its about the same as the english have a rivalry with the germans or the french so it was strange to read what a fuss that caused
4. was not intending to nick anybody else route or ideas my friend who is english has a good route of 18h 23 mins (it took me months to work it out for him) and no this isnt the same route as hakan we intend to end up in a different place if everything was perfect as if on the london underground

speaking on a personal note my friend wanted somebody else along he isnt good at maths and times of interchanges and what happens if delays on certain parts etc etc i just want to finish in a day thats all i care about and his help in john o groats to lands end cycling next year

and for those who answered in finnish its 1 to 10 they were counting

and yes nobody knows me i live in tampere finland but have been in london many times my friend comes from burnley lancs but came from bournemouth where my parents now live
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

PALKANETOIJALA31 wrote: ... my friend comes from burnley lancs ...
I live in Clitheroe, Lancashire, about 10 miles from Burnley. I am happy to give some general advice to him if you want: although it is almost two years since I did any serious Tube Challenges so I will be a bit rusty.

We can have a chat over a couple of pints of Moorhouses if you want. Let me know
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

With all these Swede's and Finn's floating around the network this is becoming a real European battle for Tube Challenge supremacy :)

It's just like Cricket, Football & Tennis, sports that we Brits invented only to be outdone by Johnny Foreigner :wink:

I just wondered if there are any other nationalities on this forum :?:
One day I shall return!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

There is lots of interest from people from "USA" whose occupation is "sex" and whose interests are "penis enlargement pills".

Do they count?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I think it comes down to the fact the tube system is just taken for granted by 99.9% of the UK citizens that use it.......... :(

Most Londoner's couldn't give a stuff about the tube or appreciate what a brilliant transport system it is and also a superb feat of engineering....

If you take my office of 12 people, the only person that shows any interest in the tube system and tube challenge is Aussie Sarah....

The Brits here just moan about it and only use it as a last resort..... :x
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

tubeguru wrote:There is lots of interest from people from "USA" whose occupation is "sex" and whose interests are "penis enlargement pills".

Do they count?
'fraid not. Whilst Geoff is currently resident in the USA he does still hold a GB Passport.
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

That one was quite impressive, actually... :roll:
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Well he does have penis enlargement pills ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

PALKANETOIJALA31 wrote:speaking on a personal note my friend wanted somebody else along
My offer still stands...
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings