GWR IV - Friday 13th April

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

GWR IV - Friday 13th April

Post by Going Underground »

We are off on our travels again around the network this Friday, now who chose that date :twisted:

Will hopefully be some live updates courtesy of K9 again.....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

good luck :)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

It took Geoff seven attempts and me one, in answer to your signature.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

tubeguru wrote:It took Geoff seven attempts and me one, in answer to your signature.
What did Newton say to Hooke about giants?
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tubeguru wrote:It took Geoff seven attempts and me one, in answer to your signature.
Yep 7 indeed I knew for Geoff, although I didn't know it was at your first attempt......looks like you may well be the lucky charm then if you fancy joining us Friday :wink:

This may be our last full attempt for the Spring, our esteemed colleague young Starkey has come up with a cunning starting and finishing station so all we have to do over the next couple of months if work out the route on the remaining stations in between :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
tubelover1706
Zone 1

Tomorrow

Post by tubelover1706 »

If i wanted to join the team for a bit along the way somewhere in central/north west london are there any approximate times at which you will be visiting such stations?
Marco
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Read this at just after 7 this morning (around Harrow run time...):
tfl wrote:Current Metropolitan line status
Metropolitan METROPOLITAN LINE: Severe delays are occurring due to late finish of engineering work in the Neasden and Harrow areas.
How badly affected was the team? Too bad to be crippled that early in the day...

Best of luck for the rest of the day!

BTW I've just got a commitment from Lars that we'd try to regain the record, should it be broken any time soon...
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
K9
Zone 1

Post by K9 »

Here is the 1st report from K9 Unfortunately they have lost 45 mins, but they are pressing on regardless. :( [/quote]
I like Cheese
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

The situation appears more and more desperate:
11:00, tfl wrote: CENTRAL LINE: Suspended between Marble Arch and Liverpool Street due to a signal failure at Holborn. Severe delays are occurring on the rest of the line.

Message received 10:25am

CIRCLE LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to lack of available trains.

Message received 07:05am

DISTRICT LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to earlier faulty trains at Earls Court and Victoria.

Message received 08:10am

JUBILEE LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to late finish of engineering work at Neasden.

Message received 05:53am

METROPOLITAN LINE: Suspended between Ruislip and Uxbridge, with minor delays on the rest of the line, due to a signal failure at Uxbridge.

Message received 10:47am

PICCADILLY LINE: Suspended between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge due to a signal failure at Uxbridge.

Message received 10:50am
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
K9
Zone 1

Post by K9 »

Just heard from the Brown Team at 1700Z
They are 30 mins behind GWR but they are still giving it a go 8)
Last edited by K9 on 13 Apr 2007, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
I like Cheese
K9
Zone 1

Post by K9 »

Report from the Brown team at 1800.
At 1330 approx Ping Pon aborted at Acton due to a knee injury.
At 1712 Going Underground aborted at Baker Street because he missed the connection, but is continuing as support back up.
The remaining 2 Dr Who and Soup Dragon are pressing on with the attempt.
At present they are still 30 minutes behind GWR.
:)
Last edited by K9 on 13 Apr 2007, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
I like Cheese
K9
Zone 1

Post by K9 »

With much disappiontment Browns attempt has finally been aborted at Mill Hill East at 2112 they are now on their way home. :(
I like Cheese
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tomorrow

tubelover1706 wrote:If i wanted to join the team for a bit along the way somewhere in central/north west london are there any approximate times at which you will be visiting such stations?
Sorry Marco, only logged on again today and found this message....

Maybe next time :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

hwolge wrote:The situation appears more and more desperate:
11:00, tfl wrote: CENTRAL LINE: Suspended between Marble Arch and Liverpool Street due to a signal failure at Holborn. Severe delays are occurring on the rest of the line.

Message received 10:25am

CIRCLE LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to lack of available trains.

Message received 07:05am

DISTRICT LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to earlier faulty trains at Earls Court and Victoria.

Message received 08:10am

JUBILEE LINE: Minor delays are occurring due to late finish of engineering work at Neasden.

Message received 05:53am

METROPOLITAN LINE: Suspended between Ruislip and Uxbridge, with minor delays on the rest of the line, due to a signal failure at Uxbridge.

Message received 10:47am

PICCADILLY LINE: Suspended between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge due to a signal failure at Uxbridge.

Message received 10:50am
Desperate indeed and it just wasn't going to be our day from the off....
Friday the 13th Indeed :x

So gathering at Amersham the usual starting photo's and around 10 mins before the off one of the station staff asks me "Where are you going too?"
"Oh every station on the network" is my reply. "No seriously" he says :?

I explain and he gives me the news about points and signal failures at Neasden and Harrow on the Hill and says the 5.28 is almost certainly cancelled first train will be the "fast" 5.52 which he says won't be any good for us :(

So we frantically look at a route with a Chesham finish, no not ideal but we had forked out over £45.00 on tickets so we might at least try...

Well surprisingly the 05.28 departs (at 05 28 09), we get to Moor Park at 06 19 25 and don't depart until 06 49 26.... Another few minutes are lost at Watford as there is no train in when we arrive and we have to wait for our one to turn around....

We are then held for around 5 mins outside Harrow on the Hill....

A further delay of around 10 mins at Ickenham and then at Uxbridge puts us an hour behind our schedule and now we need a perfect running day to have any chance......

The train at Harrow & W leaves early as we are arriving from Kenton and yet more time is gone...... :roll:

By the time we need the Central Line to head off to Epping and the Hainhault(sic) loop there are severe delays and part suspended (as mentioned above)...

We change our route and re-work a few things, by the time we need the Central line again things haven't improved much a "shuttle" type service is operating from Leytonstone....

By the time we get to Epping we are around 1 and 1/2 hours behind our schedule........

Things started to clear up and we maintained this margin and even managed to get a few minutes back here and there before we called it a day at Mill Hill East, where despite showing a departure time of 3 mins it was nearer 10 mins before we left for Finchley Central..... :cry:
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

WARNING: Do not attempt any form of Challenge on Friday 13th, it may seriously damage your chances of breaking a record!
One day I shall return!