Is Today The Day ... ? YES - NEW WORLD RECORD!!

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
gasman
Zone 4

Post by gasman »

Since I too have been on the edge of my seat for the last half hour, constantly hitting refresh in the hopes of more news... congrats!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

OK then, over to Guinness.

We won't hear until the new year at the speed they go ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Its a fantastic time considering they used the shoreditch replacement bus its going to be hard to beat .
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Given that it took them 4 months to confirm our attempt, then as Neil said, it will probably be the New Year before they confirm this record!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

But it will then date from today, so you would have held it for just under four months I believe.

Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

That would be correct, which is also almost four months longer than most people on here :wink: :lol:
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I believe there are now six world record holder past and present on this forum now ...

Member of sweet FA
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I have to say I have never seen anything like thinking out of the box in this way on Tube Challenging before, pure genius it seems. Congratulations to Hakan and Lars, I really enjoyed my time with them and saw the effort both had put in and it just goes to show that physical speed doesn't always beat mental agility.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

"Thinking out the box" J54? Eh? What are you referring to?

As with Sam & Steve, it's not official until Guinness say 'aye', which is at least three months away. But it's a good time. Would like to know if they finished up or down on their scheduled plan though - i.e. should they have been faster?

It's been said many time before, but I believe that 18:15 is possible.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Congratulations Hwolge!! It would be interesting to know your planned time and how quickly you think it could be done!

Just been thinking... considering you use an algorithm to calculate your route - does that mean that it's very likely that you're using what is most likely the fastest route possible?

If that's the case - anyone wanting to considerably break the record is going to have to figure out Hwolge's route! :lol: :?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

does that mean that it's very likely that you're using what is most likely the fastest route possible?

Considering he's used computerized routes in the past and this time came up with a different, new route, I would say no. However, it will be bloody hard to find a better route because he has added help as it were!

Hakan said in the thread about the all network challenge for Children in Need that he was hoping/expecting to finish at Heathrow at 23.38.

Hope this helps! 8)
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Well done Hakan and Lars on setting a great time. I would say you had an almost perfect day for it with glorius sunny weather all day and no major dusruptions apart from the Piccadilly stuff towards the end of the day.
Hopefully Guinness will be quick to confirm the new record and you will get confirmation before Christmas. :)
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Brilliant well done boys and comisserations to Steve and Sam once this is confirmed by Guinness..... :D

Just as well the faulty communications equipment on Piccadilly leading to suspension between Northfields and Heathrow didn't occur few hours later.... :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Well, wasn't that exciting?

Member of sweet FA
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Yes, it was! Well done Hakan and Lars on shaving more than ten minutes off the record. All that planning, money and time that you put in paid off very nicely.

Enjoy the record for the time being, but don't forget that Team Needing Help are out to get it in November...