Look what turned up in the post today....

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Zone 2

Post by 43019 »

Crikey, some seriously heated posts...

As for Shoreditch, it's a dump, been there, done that, was left wondering why they bothered running there at all! OK, so a good few people used the train I did, but it didn't appear to go anything or serve any purpose. It basically felt like a rural outback of LUL, yet was in the centre of town!

As for the All 275 thing, I'm planning to do that in the spring. By then I shall have my own route cracked and the training required under my belt.
Unofficial Z1 challenge, 15th September 2006, 1400 start - Result? 3h29m34s. Disgusting! I want a re-run!
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

Congratulations to the new world record holders (as certified by Guinness)
- Andrew
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

As a matter of interest how on earth did Chris, Sam and Stevooooo ever get together as team mates in the first place :o

There is nearly as much bickering as me and Mrs Going Underground have :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Oh dear god...

Do stop being so pathetic.
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

uefacup81 wrote:Hell... if you didn't want him to know your route, you shouldn't have invited him along.
Hmm... I wasn't 'invited along'... I was a fundamental element in the development of the first two attempts.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Going Underground: Chris is Steves (/my) mate who doesn't seem to accept that we beat the record when he wasn't in attendance. Chris and Steve also did a record attempt last September when I wasn't in attendance so these things happen!

Chris: You were fundamental as in you turned up, you can spout the whole "I paid for stuff" but we would have got cash in other ways had you not been there, plus I think you need to remember that had it not been for Steve, you would never have done Tube Relief and thus got involved in Tube Challenging anyway....
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

NOT fundamental as in 'turned up', fundamental as in did lots of planning work (with the exception of the route...)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Can I just ask, WHAT PLANNING WORK?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I'm just going to let you all argue with yourselves now :-)

It's amusing.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

By the way, I took the liberty of posting an article about this on Annie Mole's blog (as I am an able assister of hers):

http://www.london-underground.blogspot.com

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tubeguru wrote:By the way, I took the liberty of posting an article about this on Annie Mole's blog (as I am an able assister of hers):

http://www.london-underground.blogspot.com
A very sporting and noble gesture if I may so Mr Tubeguru..... :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Some of us aren't bitter because we didn't get a world record ...

Member of sweet FA
garda
Zone 2

Congrats

Post by garda »

Congrats to ya'll on the GWR1 :lol:
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Hi Geoff, by the way! Not seen you for ages.
Would that be physically, or virtually? I still read these forums every few days! I keep tabs on what's going on ... i just don't post as often as I used to.

Physically ... well no ones seen me for ages! Check my profile to see why as to my whereabouts nowadays.

Sam/Steve/Chris - Heed up:

When Neil & I did Tube7 I got the pointman that helped us then to agree not to use our route in future on his own attempt.

Moley was our point man on Tube 8, and again we had a polite discussion where he agreed not to use it to go for the record.

However, come Tube 9 (Tube Relief), Neil & I tweaked out Tube 8 route to be slightly different, and Moley used the Tube 8 route for Tube Relief.

After that there was a time when I was all like "You cant' use our route to beat our record!". But now? Now I don't really give a toss. The excitement of it all wanes after a while - you'll get to that point (eventually).

If you want to thrash it out properley, the sensible thing to do would be to take it off forum, as it's not making any of you look good.

However, if you wish to keep amusing us all - please keep bickering away.

But as a final thought, I would side with Stevo & Sam and say that it would be unfair for Chris or anyone who knows their route to go out and do it without them. As their record, its now 'their' route. That's good sportsmanship, and is just very unfortunate if someone who couldn't make it on the day who was involved doesn't actually get the record time.

And as a final final thought (!). It would be cool to to know your route one day in the future and compare it to ours, because it would be so funny if we found out that they were exactly the same.

There. Geoff (the voice of reason) speaks. :-)
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Although Geoff makes some good points here, I feel Sam and Steve are taking this whole thing a bit too personally...
Actually I would consider it a compliment to my route, that a fellow challenger is suggesting he is having real difficulty in coming up with a better one.
The trouble that I have is with the route so firmly imprinted in my mind (along with most of the relevant details), coming up with something even vaguely original that has a chance of beating the record will be very hard indeed...