Look what turned up in the post today....

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

Many many congratulations guys!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Thanks for the congrats! Much appreciated ;)

Chris, Steve has manged to come up with a couple of alternative routes in a matter of minutes, lol! So it isn't that difficult, the thing that is getting to us is you should have consulted us before publicly stating you would use our route....
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

*yawn*
Give up, Sam!
You're just making a fool of yourself!
Last edited by snudge27 on 14 Sep 2006, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

seconded, although with my limited knowledge of the situation i would 'support' chris.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Weyhey... another one sees sense!
Join the club Jonny!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Errrm, i'm merely answering Chris, or should I just let him say what he wants and not give my opinion on the situation?

So, i'm making a fool of myself yet Chris isn't...
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

But you're doing yourself no favours... you're just coming across as arrogant, selfish and tactless
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Explain....
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

Your messages seem to say

"Look at me, I won the world record, ain't I great. Oh dear, someone might beat us - so even though they helped us get the world record, I'm gonna be harsh and stop him mounting a challenge"
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

That is crap.

The problem that me and Steve has, is that Steve created the route and put all the hard work in, Chris now wants to go out and use that route to mount a challenge without consulting us first, has Chris consulted us then none of this would have happened in the first place. We were very lucky to beat the record, we are the first to admit that.

I don't think that you would like it much should someone choose to use YOUR route that you spent ages working on to break the record....
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

I wouldn't care less if that was the situation - it's all part of the competition etc.,
If you're so anti him using your route with or without consulting you - you should have kept it under wraps - it's your funeral
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

He was part of our team, it is not our fault that he could not make the attempt that we broke the record in. This is why we feel so annoyed that he wants to use our route without consulting us, we are a team (or was). It's easy for you to sit back and say that.... :roll:
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

and it will be just as easy for me to say it again if I ever break the record... hell - I'd even consider making my route public knowledge!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

It's all about opinions isn't it really.

The way we see it, Chris just seems to come across as having very sour grapes about not being able to make it when we broke the record and is basically trying to chuck it back in our face, just our opinion anyway....
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

I would, personally, agree with Sam that if someone joined you on an attempt with your route and then went and used it themselves then that would be unacceptable.

However.

It would appear from his posts that he helped -- went out and researched for the team -- found out information to help you, and nitpicked the route to make it better. I would assume that you used HIS research for your record breaking attempt. You are a team, just because he didn't join you on one attempt doesn't mean he must now forget everything that you, as a team, worked on.