Look what turned up in the post today....

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Jonny, can I just set the record straight...

Steve created the route, Chris did NO editing to it at all. Chris may have found a couple of door positions out but me and Steve found the majority out for ourselves. He did zero nitpicking to the route. I don't actually see what he has done to the route at all, it is Steves route that he started from scratch and spent a lot of time finetuning it!
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

OK fair enough, my mistake, but did you use his door positions in your record attempt? Has he complained?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

The door positions that Chris provided, myself and Steve went out and checked them before the attempt.
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

OK then never mind.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Okay guys...

This has obviously turned into a big split in opinions, we have a few people who can see with us and agree with what we are saying, and we have others that do not. One small thing that I will throw in is that both Geoff and Neil do sympathise with us, which may (or may not) indicate that once you have been in this situation, you may see things differently.

However, the purpose of this thread was merely to notify the members of the Tube Challenge Community that our record attempt was deemed successful by GWR and thus the mantle of Tube Challenge GWR holders has (finally!) been taken away from Geoff and Neil.

I feel that this thread has now swung majorly away from the purpose of it, with the argument showing no sign of abating in the near future. Therefore, I would suggest to Neil that he locks this thread so that the debate can hopefully subside and we can all get back to being a nice friendly community again!

Myself and Sam would like to thank everybody that has passed on their congratulations in this thread, they have been gratefully received, and hopefully now we can all get back to having our friendly community back.

Neil, it's up to you, but you can take this as pretty much a request by the thread starter to lock the thread now.

Cheers,

Steve
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Thanks, Steeevooo [sic]. A wise decision. Congratulations on your new record, anyway!

Actually I wonder if I've already said that...
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Yes, I was getting bored of this drivel anyway.

Thread locked. Don't start the argument again in another one, please.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA