Pete Miller's latest attempt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
petermiller36
Zone 4

Pete Miller's latest attempt

Post by petermiller36 »

As most of you know I had a trial run last Friday with my brother to test out a new route. It was a classic Amersham - Upminster route. We performed admirably and were 20 minutes up at one point and then fell behind by 30 minutes. We caught that up and finished bang on level with the time I had pesimistically predicted of 19h25m38s. That was my fourth attempt at 275 and finally a respectable time (and PB obviously). So that route has the potential of being 50 minutes quicker, oh and also the Regents Park closure meant we had to slightly adjust our route. Many thanks to GU for arranging a food drop for us. Wonderful selection!
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

You say 275 - so you included the Shoreditch replacement bus then (and HT4 as well)?

Well done!
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

haha no. the route is a work in progress for when they finally get rid of that crap place and as a result we didnt do it cos we wanted a realistic time trial. we also didnt do HT4 on the bus as it wont be done like that when we do it again. we did however wait at HT123 to compensate. as i say it was a trial attempt, not a world record attempt. 275 rolls off the tongue!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Pete Miller's latest attempt

Post by Going Underground »

petermiller36 wrote:As most of you know I had a trial run last Friday with my brother to test out a new route. It was a classic Amersham - Upminster route. We performed admirably and were 20 minutes up at one point and then fell behind by 30 minutes. We caught that up and finished bang on level with the time I had pesimistically predicted of 19h25m38s. That was my fourth attempt at 275 and finally a respectable time (and PB obviously). So that route has the potential of being 50 minutes quicker, oh and also the Regents Park closure meant we had to slightly adjust our route. Many thanks to GU for arranging a food drop for us. Wonderful selection!
My pleasure Pete, although you had us a bit worried with the text advising you were 10 mins ahead of schedule and then got to Charing X 20 mins late :) On reflection I should have split the food into 2 x seperate bags rather than 1 heavy one.... :?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah the high barnet to cockfosters bit was painful and then had a big wait at Cockfosters and then the train took a long time getting to u. not nice. the food was all good in 1 bag, it had mostly gone by the next run!! cheers again.