One last go?

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

If nobody else is up for it, then I could be your teammate, but I'm not particularly experienced in this sort of venture! Let me know if you need me.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

The date has changed! In order to get Pete to do this with me, we've re-arranged the whole thing for the 21st of July (Friday week). Sorry to everyone who pledged help.

Ringo (Starkey): Thanks for your offer, but it looks like we've got that position covered. If you wanted to help out on the day instead, that would be hugely appreciated.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Hmm what sort of thing do you want me to do and when? I may be able to do it...
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Well, we've got somebody volunteering to help us from the start until "early afternoon" (which I can only assume will be around 1-2 PM), so if you would be willing to meet us around that time to help out, that would be marvellous. Your duties would include:

Carrying the stopwatch
Supplying supplies (food & drink - we'll give you the money)
Informing us of Departure Board info via walkie-talkie/mobile phone
Holding train doors, although hopefully this won't be necessary

The hours are 1400 to whenever you like, basic pay is the cost of your Travelcard and you are entitled to 364 days' holiday a year (unpaid). If you decide to complete the working day, ie stay with us until the finish, you will be provided with accomodation.

Sound good?
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Root... my brother is very much interested in joining us on the day to make it a 3 person attempt. he's taken the day off already. this gonna be possible?
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

:roll:

I have nothing against this in principle, except a few posts ago Starkey asked if he could join us and I said he could help us out - if I agree to take your brother along then I'm not exactly being consistent!

Ask him if he wouldn't mind being a helper (we still have the evening portion vacant), but if he is insistent on joining us, then okay.

Is he a quick runner? At the very least, can he run a kilometre in less than six minutes? You know what I'm referring to :P.

The more the merrier, I suppose.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah i think he's taken the day off to do the full 275 rather than help out. he's having a kid in October and sees this as the last real chance to do it before adult life kicks in. hes not the best at running but he'll do that one no probs.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

also, it is of course ur route Root (hehe), so its up to you how many others do this attempt and therefore know your route. im quite up for Starkey joining us too. your call though.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

I don't mind, except that we're starting to look very short on helpers again.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

hmmm, my mind has been wondering on this one. if starkey is up for doing the full 275 still.... then how about this? we have 2 teams doing the challenge and 2 routes. u and starkey doing your route and me and my bro doing my route. how does that sound? obsurd? i thinks best if there are 4 of us.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I hear the afternoon helper position is still vacant, I can suitably fill in this position plus being from the East End myself I can be at Upminster past midnight (to stop the clock) and not worry about having to travel a long distance back home.

Contact me if you are interested.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

my route finishes at Upminster. that could work... hmm...
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Ah hmmm that sounds an idea. If Tangy doesn't mind, then he could help out from 2pm, while I join one of your two teams! I've no idea of a route and I've never done this before, but I can run quite happily. Let me know what's going on though, because I'm close to being confused!
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Tangy: Who says I'm finishing at Heathrow?

Sure, I'd be up for this. Nice idea Peter. Starkey, I'd quite happily take you along.

Everyone who wants to start in the North-West can stay at my place the night before.

Does anybody know how much the RMT strike is going to affect the Underground, or services within London? I imagine that Barry or Moley will know the answer to this one - I can't find anything about it online.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

hey ollie, apologies for not texting last night. had trouble getting back. apparantly it wont affect the actual LU, BR possibly, check closer to the time. my bro phoned up LU and they told him it shouldnt affect journeys. looking forward to this now!