All Zones

Post by Root »

Cool, me too. Starkey, I'll PM you.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Heathrow, although it is on the other side of town, I can still come out until whatever the last train is on your route. The N9 serves Heathrow, so can use that to get back to Traf Sq (then the N26 back to W'stow)....

Although finishing at Heathrow would mean using the bus. Is that allowed?

I just said Upminster as that is the most popular finishing station looking at previous attempts.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

me n my bro are finishing at Upminster that night. help accepted. :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tangy wrote:Heathrow, although it is on the other side of town, I can still come out until whatever the last train is on your route. The N9 serves Heathrow, so can use that to get back to Traf Sq (then the N26 back to W'stow)....

Although finishing at Heathrow would mean using the bus. Is that allowed?

I just said Upminster as that is the most popular finishing station looking at previous attempts.
No worries I have the Heathrow end tied up and will stop the watch for Root's team :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Awesome, this is looking like it's going to be a lot of fun.

I wonder, will we adopt a gentlemen's agreement to hold each others' doors, if needs be, or will there be no mercy?

Other teams are welcome to join in, although my house is getting a bit packed...
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Thanks, GU. A most munificent gesture there! I shall see you at Heathrow then (and this time attempt to catch the 140 home before it leaves early).

Root - we are all friendly people and it would be a Bad Thing if we didn't help each other. What with Bayswater and other things out to get us, we'll all need a bit of help here and there!
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Upminster it is then, although we need to exchange contact details so we know what each other is doing....
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

guys, we're pulling out of the 21st because Ive just resigned from my job and have to explain myself to the staff on the Friday evening. Sorry guys. we have rescheduled for the 28th. root - u gonna be away then?
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Just to let you know that if Root and Starkey also re-schedule for 28th July then unfortunately I won't be able to stop the watch at Hetahrow as I am going on hol's early hours of 29th :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Peter - yes.

Alright, here's an idea. Starkey and I can do one by ourselves, but not for a record. I didn't get the job, so I'm in no hurry to have one last go any more, but wouldn't mind trying out a route. Which means that Kevin, you're excused, Anthony, you are too, unless you particularly want to help out, and Starkey, perhaps another date in the week (Wednesday or Thursday) would be better, as I'm off on holiday on Saturday. Of course, if you can only do Friday, then we'll stick to that.

Pete, can't you commit to anything? :roll: You still coming on Monday?
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Well Thursday would probably be just as okay as Friday actually! Whatever tickles your fancy.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Thursday, please! That will mean I can avoid a strange situation on Saturday, where I would be leaving Heathrow in the morning to go and get my stuff, only to return to Heathrow in the afternoon for a flight!

If you want to stay over at my house, in the middle of my street, that's fine.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah about Monday... its my dads birthday and i completely forgot. so i may need to go and see him in order to be in the good books still. will let u know.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Well, it might just be the three of us then! In which case we'll have to go "all-against-all" to make it a competition. Oh well.

Hope everything goes alright for you on Monday, Peter. Hate to say it, but you seem like you know how to get your priorities right.
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

yeah sorry. i am going to tootle up to St Neots. apologies all round for that. enjoy the day y'all.