Top Times: Entire Network 274/275

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts

Should we have Top Times "Sticky" for Entire Network and Alphabet Challenge?

Yes both Entire Network and Alphabet Challenge
48%
No
10%
Entire Network Only
33%
Alphabet Challenge Only
10%

Total votes: 21

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Top Times: Entire Network 274/275

Post by Going Underground »

I notice that we have "stickies" for Top Times Zone 1, All Lines and The "infamous" Bottle.... :D

However several people have completed the whole network so surely there should be a Top Times "sticky" for this, being the "Holy Grail" of Tube Challenging :D

Also while I think of it a sticky for a Top Times Alphabet Challenge might be an idea too, as several people will have times for this...... :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Post by standclearofthedoors »

Both have problems- the ASC as there are too many variables as to stations travelled (several different records) & the Alphabet as it is rather unpopular and there have been only about 5 attempts of it.
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Yeah, why not. If people are that bothered about which configuration was attempted, there can be a note alongside their time.

Incidentally, 20.02.39 :)
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

standclearofthedoors wrote:Both have problems- the ASC as there are too many variables as to stations travelled (several different records) & the Alphabet as it is rather unpopular and there have been only about 5 attempts of it.
point not valid in my eyes. theres 275 stations and thats the way its been since the JLE. Geoff and Neil's record still (officially) stands and everyone has been pursuing that record in recent times. obviously over the years there have been different configurations, so lets just have the times since JLE. attempts before then are documented on the other challengers page. i think the only thing to discuss is whether ALL attempts are put up or just personal bests.

alphabet... well if theres only been 5 attempts then write 5 attempts on there. doesnt take much to work that one out.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

As Peter said, I think only successful 275 attempts should be recorded, as all other attempts are not a completed ASC!

18 Hours, 35 Minutes, 38 Seconds by the way ;)
barrykas
Zone 4

Post by barrykas »

petermiller36 wrote:point not valid in my eyes. theres 275 stations and thats the way its been since the JLE.
Correction: 274...Shoreditch is closed permanently. Though I think we're still awaiting confirmation from GWR on that, given that the replacement bus is shown on the current tube map.

Cheers,

Barry
--
Barry Salter, barry (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
Sillert, V.I.
Zone 2

Post by Sillert, V.I. »

As Peter said, I think only successful 275 attempts should be recorded, as all other attempts are not a completed ASC!
Might be interesting to log all attempts. I'd be curious to know what percentage of serious challenge attempts actually get completed.
"What comes around, goes around" (sic!)
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

barrykas wrote:
petermiller36 wrote:point not valid in my eyes. theres 275 stations and thats the way its been since the JLE.
Correction: 274...Shoreditch is closed permanently. Though I think we're still awaiting confirmation from GWR on that, given that the replacement bus is shown on the current tube map.

Cheers,

Barry
see the other topics in this forum barry. GWR have confirmed its still 275. so, CORRECTION INVALID.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

Oh crap, that means my time isn't valid, as I didn't visit it, having heard nothing from Guinness.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

I presume that this means that the likelihood of anyone beating Geoff and Neil’s record is impossible to beat if you have to use the bus for both HT4 and Shoreditch.
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Errrm, Geoff and Neils record? I don't think it will be for much longer.... :wink:
dr_chris
Zone 3

Post by dr_chris »

Quiet Cawley. Be patient.

I'm considerably irritated by this whole confusion over Shoreditch - it makes no sense whatsoever to even contemplate requiring people to visit a station which doesn't exist!

Will some please explain to me what the hell you're thinking?!?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

"Will some please explain to me what the hell you're thinking?!?"

I think you will find that it's not people wanting to go to Shoreditch, it's people being made to go to Shoreditch by the useless buffoons at GWR!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sam wrote:"Will some please explain to me what the hell you're thinking?!?"

I think you will find that it's not people wanting to go to Shoreditch, it's people being made to go to Shoreditch by the useless buffoons at GWR!
Seconded Sam, come on Doc how many Shoreditch topics do we need on this forum :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

No more, that's how many ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA