Today's attempt.

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Mrs. Dustmask
Zone 1

Post by Mrs. Dustmask »

It was a real shame that the underground trains and weather and the bad luck of being seen accidentally going up the wrong way on the escalators all conspired against the challenge attempt for charity...

...Of course we are all disppointed, but these things can never be forseen - it just can't be helped. Nevertheless, Ant and Adham raised lots of money for Cancer Research U.K. I'm estimating the total thus far at about £190. Even though this is still short of the target of £274, it is a hefty donation! Also, because of the Justgiving site, an extra 25 odd quid in tax bonuses has also gone to the charity!

As the site is still open for another 2 months, I'm hoping that people will recognise their courageous attempt and what they went through for a good cause by donating to help us reach our target. Fingers crossed!

Ant and Adham tried their utmost best and had an eventful day - and quite an amusing one at that in reflection. Well done to you both! I'm really grateful. Feel free to keep your designer T-Shirts designed by moi :wink:
Awesome quality custom poi made to order!!! @
http://www.poisonpoi.co.uk

http://lovelypurpleshoes.wordpress.com
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I think what's worse is that you were 20 minutes up on your time, and then it all goes wrong, right? And you think "Shite... but things were going so well". If it's any consolation, all I can say is "Have been there" and know how it feels to stop when your half way or two thirds round.

Getting hassled by jobworthy BTP though doesn't help, natch. Bear in mind that being a fare evader, annoying busker, beggar are all all 'proper' annoying things that we think they're there to clamp down on, but seeing as TFL don't like us doing this, it's not suprise to me now that the BTP also take a dim view of TC'ing too.

But it's not against the law. If you'd have been feeling braver you could have argued what they were holding you for, because they had no reason to hold you. And pointless comments (about the CCTV) are unfortunately part and parcel of what you get when a jobsworth (no matter what profession) decides to have a go at you.

The solution?

Have another go of course!

If it at first you don't suceed, try six more times! :-)
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

spoogie37 wrote:
One thing springs to mind - perhaps LUL could be a bit more consistent about escalator orientation: if the one on the left ALWAS goes up and the one on the right ALWAYS goes down in the case of two escalators (some other rule would be needed for more than two); then this sort of thing would be rather less likely. So which way round are they at Baker Street?
Escalators are often reversed every so often so as to provide even mechanical wear, and a longer lifespan for the escalators.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Excellent Waterloo Art Shot

I set it as my desktop background

Does anyone have any good art shots of the Underground?

Nothing nerdy
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Anne at http://version3point1.wordpress.com/ is good at that sort of thing.
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

I have a few arty shots in my photosite linked to in my signature. Mainly train movement unsharpness shots.