CiN 2018 - 16th November

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: CiN 2018 - November?

Post by Going Underground »

RJSRdg wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 00:19 Not sure how it would work with an 11am start - yes, there's Night Tube but that's pretty useless for an FNC...
Here is our basic plan Rich....

We are also taking games / cards etc to play on the way around as there is only internal changes to deal with...

Rather than start early and head back for a couple of hours sleep we plan to start later and make full use of night tube and pick up Ken Oly Sat AM as we are planning to;

1) Complete full network
2) Do parkrun
3) Spoons Brekkie
4) R15
5) Pub!!! :P

• The key here is making sure we don’t miss the last MHE before coming down to Camden Town and then doing all the night tube stuff…
• Start at Hatton X (T4) as I can leave car at work
• Leave Wimbledon until Sat AM to pick up the West Brompton train to Ken Oly
• Leave Chiswick Park – Richmond until the last visit on Sat Am as can easily then get to Feltham / bus to Hatton X and dump games / other stuff in my car or Travelodge, Feltham if staying there
• I am currently working routes/timings through to calculate what time we need to start to hit the penultimate MHE train on Friday night / Sat AM, giving us some leeway if late to get the last train
• I estimate that we would need to depart at approx. 1100hrs

Hope all makes sense :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Going Underground wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 12:09
RJSRdg wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 00:19 Not sure how it would work with an 11am start - yes, there's Night Tube but that's pretty useless for an FNC...
Here is our basic plan Rich....

We are also taking games / cards etc to play on the way around as there is only internal changes to deal with...

Rather than start early and head back for a couple of hours sleep we plan to start later and make full use of night tube and pick up Ken Oly Sat AM as we are planning to;

1) Complete full network
2) Do parkrun
3) Spoons Brekkie
4) R15
5) Pub!!! :P

• The key here is making sure we don’t miss the last MHE before coming down to Camden Town and then doing all the night tube stuff…
• Start at Hatton X (T4) as I can leave car at work
• Leave Wimbledon until Sat AM to pick up the West Brompton train to Ken Oly
• Leave Chiswick Park – Richmond until the last visit on Sat Am as can easily then get to Feltham / bus to Hatton X and dump games / other stuff in my car or Travelodge, Feltham if staying there
• I am currently working routes/timings through to calculate what time we need to start to hit the penultimate MHE train on Friday night / Sat AM, giving us some leeway if late to get the last train
• I estimate that we would need to depart at approx. 1100hrs

Hope all makes sense :!:
That is certainly an ambitious plan Kev! I am considering options atm, I may do a T4 start or I also have an almost circular route starting at Wembley Park...
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Actually I don't think 1100 gets us to parkrun in time David, more like 0930 for this to work I think having punched some numbers through.....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I would be interested doing the route if it leads to a bushy pilgramidge parkrun?
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: CiN 2018 - 16th November

This is an open invite to anyone that want to join us for all or part the day.... :)

We will be starting from Heathrow T4 @ 0906 (Those meeting at Hatton Cross the ETD from there is 0857)
Making full use of night tube we will then visit Wimbledon, Ken Oly, finishing at Richmond @ 0718 on Saturday

If you are coming and can bring along a game to play on the day that would be good and a small foldable table would be awesome if anyone has one :)

We wont be crossing the gateline to enhance the route in any way, but you may do this to grab refreshments and the like....
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

I have set up the following that anyone is welcome to share to their friends /colleagues :D

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kevin-brown54
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Have you decided on which parkrun if any u r doing I come up especially and stay in London and find u guys
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

dstock17 wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 21:55 Have you decided on which parkrun if any u r doing I come up especially and stay in London and find u guys
We really don't know but I imagine it will be one in West London that you have already done so wouldn't want to repeat..

Basically we are leaving our Saturday stuff in Travelodge Feltham and IF all goes well we will be back at Feltham Station at 0735 so doesn't leave us long to get anywhere...
We may well have to see where we are approaching parkrun time, do that then go back and finish off the route... keeping the clock running and not having left the network for purposes to gain an advantage within the actual route...

I suggest if you are not joining us for any part of this then just keep in touch on the mobile....
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

You should make your own parkrun. Just run up and down the corridors at Green Park a few times and you'll soon get to 5km!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Das
Zone 2

Post by Das »

I will be arriving at Victoria coach station just after 6,so will join you for a parkrun and the random 15,after that its off to the Roundhouse for Killing Joke.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Das wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 12:04 I will be arriving at Victoria coach station just after 6,so will join you for a parkrun and the random 15,after that its off to the Roundhouse for Killing Joke.
Send me a text Das and I will try and let you know which parkrun we are aiming for....
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

My plan is to come down via Piccadilly line which forms the 09:06 so can meet people at Hatton Cross/HT4
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

xcooler123 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 08:17 My plan is to come down via Piccadilly line which forms the 09:06 so can meet people at Hatton Cross/HT4
Sounds good David - Hatton Cross for me all being well :)
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

I will be going to stevenage Parkrun my accommodation is at Totteridge and Whetstone travelodge
I will try and meet up with team at top of northern or pic depending on their progress
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

dstock17 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 20:59 I will be going to stevenage Parkrun my accommodation is at Totteridge and Whetstone travelodge
I will try and meet up with team at top of northern or pic depending on their progress

OK drop me a text and will try and meet up - I am hoping to finish in time to get to Brooklands inaugural