I'm gonna do a full network

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 »

The Orange One wrote: 7) Olympia on Route 2 - looking at the previous solution, you may wish to do Wimbledon :arrow: Gloucester Road :arrow: Edgware Road :arrow: Hammersmith :arrow: Olympia (by bus 9, 10 or 27 to connect with 1958 departure) :arrow: Earl's Court (resume line of route).
I've run the numbers on that and it connects up great! Thanks! Image
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

FelixJ20000 wrote:
The Orange One wrote: 7) Olympia on Route 2 - looking at the previous solution, you may wish to do Wimbledon :arrow: Gloucester Road :arrow: Edgware Road :arrow: Hammersmith :arrow: Olympia (by bus 9, 10 or 27 to connect with 1958 departure) :arrow: Earl's Court (resume line of route).
But then you haven't tidied up the rest of the route - doing those bits of the Circle Line now means when you head west from Tottenham Court Road you only need to go out to White City and then straight back in to Notting Hill Gate...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Re: RE: Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 »

The Orange One wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:
But then you haven't tidied up the rest of the route - doing those bits of the Circle Line now means when you head west from Tottenham Court Road you only need to go out to White City and then straight back in to Notting Hill Gate...
Yep that'll be next, there's only so much free time in the life of a GCSE student!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

The run to Rayner's isn't more than a fairly easy hill, although if you're less of a fast runner then an H9 bus is good.

I agree about the timing on the bus transfer

Happy to have a look if you want to send me the route

The WR route doesn't have anything miraculous in it - there are "tricks" you pick up from solid research, but the biggest component was a lot of exploring the options and trial and error
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

Iain wrote:The run to Rayner's isn't more than a fairly easy hill, although if you're less of a fast runner then an H9 bus is good.

I agree about the timing on the bus transfer

Happy to have a look if you want to send me the route

The WR route doesn't have anything miraculous in it - there are "tricks" you pick up from solid research, but the biggest component was a lot of exploring the options and trial and error
I tried the North Harrow run but because I only have a 1 min 30 interchange at HotH then I actually end up getting the same train with the bus and so I'll stick to going via HothH
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Yeah I think that's often overlooked. You can get a train up with the bus/run but otherwise you're potentially wasting energy for nothing. The West Harrow run is worth a look too
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

The Orange One wrote: Liverpool Street area - if you're on a Circle, just go all the way to Tower Hill then jump on a District, saves you the doubleback later and the run, though admittedly it's a very very easy run.
I also ran the numbers on this and it would mean I miss my c2c connection at upminster, the doubleback at Tower Hill later works out ok for me in the end. Someone said that I can't do Bank in 75 seconds, I'm going to try tomorrow because I've been able to do it before (the trick is to go via the Northern Platforms and take the staircases between the escalators, because they're usually empty and I can do them really quickly. Another boon of being young: I can essentially slide down the metal handrails of the stairs with my arms). Maybe I'll get video proof.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

Iain wrote:Yeah I think that's often overlooked. You can get a train up with the bus/run but otherwise you're potentially wasting energy for nothing. The West Harrow run is worth a look too
Assuming the run would be done in 5 minutes (0.7 miles, which is pushing it) the next train is again my HotH connection, so it wouldn't be a worthwhile run

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

That's a fairly fast run, too
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

Iain wrote:That's a fairly fast run, too
Exactly, so I think the current state of the spread (the middle column only) is what I'll move on with unless anyone has any more ideas:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

hmm that's exact same distance for ickenham to west ruislip which u have given only 5m 45s you might want to look at another alternative.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

dstock17 wrote:hmm that's exact same distance for ickenham to west ruislip which u have given only 5m 45s you might want to look at another alternative.
I'm going to try it out and see how I do
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

if u read Geoff and Neil world record they clearly state that they had trouble running in 5mins and that's was end of the day when it was all or nothing for them.
FelixJ20000
Zone 2

Post by FelixJ20000 »

dstock17 wrote:if u read Geoff and Neil world record they clearly state that they had trouble running in 5mins and that's was end of the day when it was all or nothing for them.
Damn ok well hopefully the 45 seconds makes the difference!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

FelixJ20000 wrote:
dstock17 wrote:if u read Geoff and Neil world record they clearly state that they had trouble running in 5mins and that's was end of the day when it was all or nothing for them.
Damn ok well hopefully the 45 seconds makes the difference!
it depends on your running time I guess but there is an alternative for you if u reverse your route and prepare to run or walk to rayners. I predict a 07.58 rayners lane train to ealing common then train to ealing Broadway then central to east Acton west ruislip run ickenham in more time than 5.45mins uxbridge 09.07.30 09.09.0 out same time as train that u have into Preston rd