I've done 265/270 tube stations on my birthday

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Matthewcook18
Zone 1

I've done 265/270 tube stations on my birthday

Post by Matthewcook18 »

I've done 265/270 tube stations on my birthday 2 days ago and yesterday done my first R15 tube stations in zone 1 and 2
Matthewcook18
Zone 1

Re: I've done 265/270 tube stations on my birthday

Post by Matthewcook18 »

i'm nozzacook son
jbom
Zone 3

Post by jbom »

Congratulations, very well done.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

It was good to spend most of the day with you, and I was pleased that I managed to complete in the end. Shame you had to go home early- I ended up getting home about 0015 (just under an hour after completing!) albeit £24 lighter (Taxi from Amersham to Berkhamsted) and probably a bit heavier- some awesome dude gave me an entire papa john's pizza on the train home to eat!

It was a strange feeling missing the first connection at T123. It was part gutting- but without any of the tense build up. What's the opposite of an anti-climax? And is that even the way to describe it?

But I was in no mind to waste my ALL OF THE ZONES travelcard, and I was fairly determined that the team should still go for a completion- meaning messing about with Olympia in the evening. Thankfully the team was all in agreement with this- so we all brainstormed ideas about how to get to Olympia in time. Despite being able to claim to have come up with the route that we used, it was certainly a team effort as I definitely initially underestimated how much route we'd be able to get done before the magical 0744/0758 Olympia options.

Turns out that we needed ALL of the stuff not on the home straight, before nailing Olympia. Which, remarkably, we did, with perhaps a minute or 2 to spare. The Olympia train was in the station as we arrived, and left a couple of minutes EARLY, with us all on it!

Trains, trams and buses all (mostly) behaved themselves past 6am-ish, we got good Loops and Hills, and did some things I had not done before on a full network, including getting the tram!

There was a moment of chaos at Acton Town, as trains heading towards South Ealing and Ealing Common all switched destinations, there was a single toilet break (for me) at Harrow & Wealdstone (so no bladder of steel!), and I believe there was a cheeky door hold at one point. (Piccadilly Circus? Can't remember)

Thank you ever so much to my teammates, firstly for having me on the team at such short notice- secondly for greatly assisting even my attendance (Nozza & Matthew for hosting me the night before and Kevin for the lift to Hatton Cross), thirdly for being great company all day, lastly for putting into practice your great experience of the network, providing real time information from ipads, brainstorming ideas, timetabling etc.

I would not have my 5th completion without you guys, and even though it was my slowest, after the first train of the day, a completion felt like victory.

It was also good to see, at the start, the other competing teams, and to bump into a certain Moley a couple more times throughout the day! High Barnet and Kennington?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Great write up Andrew, it was a really enjoyable a day and was a pleasure to have you on the team and delighted you pushed on for the completion.... :D

Had we not had parkrun + R15 on the Saturday after we would have battled on to the end but I am certian we wouldn't have got back until after 0200hrs...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold