First attempt 17 June 2014

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
trek
Zone 1

First attempt 17 June 2014

Post by trek »

I have been lurking here for a while and while we've already made our attempt at the challenge, I think I might as well post it here anyway!

Start: Chesham
End: Acton Town (should have been Heathrow)
Stations visited: 257/270
Start time: 06:32.21
Finish time: around 23:40

I wrote a very thorough write up over on my blog, which is handily linked from the domain I snapped up: http://www.tubechallenge.co.uk

Enjoy!
1 attempt so far. Proud owner of http://www.tubechallenge.co.uk, where you can read my attempt write up!
The Orange One
All Zones

Re: First attempt 17 June 2014

Post by The Orange One »

Nice attempt!! You could have pulled off a "Girltube" style finish - this is travelling to Heathrow Terminal 4 first, coming back to Acton and finishing at Richmond.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Well - possibly - if trains were stopping at Gunnersbury then a finish could still have been an issue. Worth a shot though!
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
trek
Zone 1

Post by trek »

The Orange One wrote:Nice attempt!! You could have pulled off a "Girltube" style finish - this is travelling to Heathrow Terminal 4 first, coming back to Acton and finishing at Richmond.
I think we might have missed the last trains out of Heathrow beyond Acton Town (by about 10 mins)... if we'd realised the Richmond problem earlier we probably would have aimed to do more stations and skipped the whole Richmond branch. The only reason we didn't head to Heathrow is because we couldn't do T4 and getting home after might have been hard.

Although maybe we could have got to T4 on Pic from Hammersmith, T5 then back to Acton to connect onto last District Line East, reverse at Ravenscourt Park to a Richmond train. Probably would have worked. Oh well.
Iain wrote:Well - possibly - if trains were stopping at Gunnersbury then a finish could still have been an issue. Worth a shot though!
Just got unlucky with our train, everything was running late on the District yet they short turned only the one we took :(
1 attempt so far. Proud owner of http://www.tubechallenge.co.uk, where you can read my attempt write up!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Another option is bus and train between Heathrow and Richmond (via Feltham)
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)