My second attempt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
jimbob
Zone 1

My second attempt

Post by jimbob »

I completed a full challenge, all 270 stations, at the second attempt last Friday, May 23rd in the stunningly slow time of 19hrs 38mins. An old route tweaked a bit starting at Amersham and finishing at Upminster. Could have been 10 minutes quicker as I detoured down the Jubilee to Bond St, not being certain if not stopping on the Central line earlier counted or not. Just a moderate walking speed between stations when required. I’m over 50, and running was definitely not the order of the day :D Previous attempt was June last year, on roughly the same route. I got to 230 stations at 10.30pm, but bailed out and caught the train home, tired and hungry. Hadn’t really thought it all through. New to forums, so not sure if I need to submit anything to support this.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: My second attempt

Post by tractakid »

Well done! I'm sure forum member Nigel will add your time to the list soon if you provide him with your name!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Congratulations! Tractakid beat me to it, but just let me have your name and, preferably, your time to the nearest second (otherwise it will shown as 19:38:59) and I will add you to the top times list. You were right to have done Bond Street on the Jubilee, as a pass through on the Central does not count. Additionally, Embankment at the moment has to be done on the Circle or District, as does Gloucester Road from this week.
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Another thought. Could you also please confirm how Kensington (Olympia) was visited?
jimbob
Zone 1

Post by jimbob »

Ok, answers to questions! My name is James Young. Time to nearest second is 19hr 37min 45sec.
I caught the 19:40 from High Street Kensington, arriving Olympia at 19:48.
I stopped at Embankment on the Circle line en route from Aldgate to High St Kensington.
I hadn't realised about Bond St until the Central line train went through without stopping in the afternoon.
It was a very last minute thought to go down to Bond St on the Jubilee before returning to Baker St for last lap via H&C and District to Upminster.
Thanks
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Thank you. I've added you to the list of top times in the Tube Challenge Chat section.