Challenge for 5th November

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
broomster
Zone 1

Challenge for 5th November

Post by broomster »

Hi All,

Been lurking on here for a while, but not posted until now...

Thought I'd let you guys know that I'm planning to do the full network challenge on the 5th November, starting at Amersham, Finish at Heathrow (if all goes well!).

Have managed to get a route pretty much planned out, that in theory should work though I'll be honest I haven't checked the times, so it's feasible something won't happen right.. though we've also got a fair few "plan b options" which may need to kick in during the day... I'm not expecting things to go to plan - and we're prepared to adapt as the day goes on...

I'm doing it for charity - rather than the record - as a first time attempt, I'll be happy to complete (or come close!) and think the record is realistically beyond us.. I'm a railwayman based in Aberystwyth, and I'll have a couple of colleagues tagging along also - one from Aberystwyth and one from Wolverhampton.. So far I've raised over £500 for Singleton Hospital Neonatal Unit - which I'm over the moon about, as that's what it's all about for me...

http://www.justgiving.com/broomster

Whilst I've lurked around on the tube before, I think the furthest I've ventured out before now was zone 4 - so this will be a whole new experience :-) One we're all looking forward to...
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: Challenge for 5th November

Post by tractakid »

Great to hear about the attempt. You have the right idea with being adaptable, thinking on your feet is a crucial skill.

Just a note- I see you have selected Amersham as the furthest station out. Chesham is actually further and is generally considered a more efficient place to start, but I haven't looked at the leaf fall timetable which I assume is now in place to be sure.

Great job with the money raising, you've already raised more than I have managed to with my two sponsored efforts.

Best of luck with the attempt, I hope you make it into the '270 club'!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*