Mine and my friends first ever attempt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Mine and my friends first ever attempt

Post by mrredrunner100 »

Hi, this was smile and my friends first ever attempt at the challenge, we did have to be out of London by 7:30 because of time restraints but next time we won't have this :D . And we didn't get a completion although we did have a route planned for the full route. but I thought it would be nice to write about this on here.

We started at Stratford (unusual place to start I know) at about 6:30 and then went to do the Epping and Hainaut loop. When we got to woodford it was a ten minute wait for the next Hainaut train which was annoying. We then headed through central london to Tottenham court road then up to goodge street, and having never really experienced morning rush hour before at 8:30 it was interesting playing human Tetris to get on and off although we just had one change.

When we got to west ruislip my friend decided to wait ten minutes for a bus to ruislip and it would have been quicker to run because the bus driver told us to get off because the route had ended without us realising and he dropped us off about 0.2 miles away from the station, so we ran the rest of the way to ruislip, got there and the board thought trains didn't exist because it said met and Piccadilly trains northbound even though it was westbound anyway 10 minutes until any sight of a train to uxbridge. And I didn't realise how slow trains go on the way down to heathrow, that was annoying. We got to fins bury park and on to the Victoria line and, I like that line because at walthamstow central, Brixton and stockwell we could just run across the platform and there was a train waiting there in the platform ready to leave within a minute of us arriving. Then we worked on mainline changes for the next attempt and we did get up to Kensington Olympia but I don't think it was an Olympia day, as we arrived on the overground line and got over to the district line platform and no sight of a train so back down to earls court and that was like human Tetris to get on and off and because we hade to be on the 7:25 train home we headed back to Stratford on the district line and then up on the jubilee, but we got there and had enough time to get to canary warf and back :D .

So all in all it was a good day we didn't have any problems on Wednesday with delays apart from. One at arnos grove which only was minor delay but it didn't effect us. We also learned a lot like not to use busses around the ruislip area and to. Run instead and we need better timings around the hainult and ruislip area. We had visited 166 stations in 11hrs and 47 minutes which for a first attempt I am quite pleased about. Sorry that was a bit long winded way of explaining. Now for attempt 2 :D
Best FNC time
18:10:37 :)
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Re: Mine and my friends first ever attempt

Post by Rhys1995 »

Not a bad first attempt in all honesty, good on ya! Let me know when you're doing your next attempt.
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

you could share the link from youtube from this attempt if you wanted too?
mrredrunner100
Zone 3

Post by mrredrunner100 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:you could share the link from youtube from this attempt if you wanted too?
i had to search for it but i found it, its not that deep detail but its all i could get in the day :) heres the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smYBxNtGeFc
Best FNC time
18:10:37 :)