Glen & Iain's TUBE 9

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
The Raven
All Zones

Glen & Iain's TUBE 9

Post by The Raven »

This will be happening on Thursday 28th Febuary 2013.
Last edited by The Raven on 24 Feb 2013, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Iain
All Zones

Re: Glen & Iain's TUBE 8

Post by Iain »

Oh I thought it was attempt 9 - just counting back we've done 3 since the 3rd/5th one and you've done two without me. I guess we did bail fairly early last time so maybe it doesn't count :D
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
The Raven
All Zones

Re: Glen & Iain's TUBE 9

Post by The Raven »

Yes, you're right I can't count!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Have fun tomorrow, hope you set a very good time!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

There isn't that much to say about this one - just before the doors closed to start us off, there was an announcement saying that the Met was suspended from Wembley Park onwards. This didn't immediately scupper things but it did throw our first few trains out of alignment. We switched at Chalfont being sure not to perform a Tractakid gambit, and then waited for our train to Amersham. We were told it was on time but in reality it was five minutes late, meaning we just missed out Chiltern train out of Amersham. This immediately threw us off our plan, but I could just about remember the route we had planned for last time out so decided to try this.

The next train out of Amersham got to Moor Park just in time for a train up to Watford which seemed late - meaning it missed a nice train out and really messed us up. We could have kept going as we were only about half an hour down, but with a fairly decent time on record and having to rely on luck for synching us up with the big three we decided to bail and go for a fry up at the 'spoons in Ickenham.

Our back up plan was to do another challenge, and we picked the Mouse as neither of us had done it before. Glen had a route planned so we ran through this - everything worked nicely with no waits over about a minute. The only slight issue was at Embankment where in spite of having the right door position we managed to miss the stairs to the sub-surface platforms. We ran all the way down a long corridor, doubled back, found a sign pointing to the right platforms but mis-interpreted it - going up an escalator to the ticket hall instead. We quickly realised and ended up running down an up escalator to get back to the stairs that were hidden from view behind the moving stairway.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Oh I forgot - in the middle of our "mouse" we came across a bunch of people wearing animal face masks - a rabbit, lion etc