tractakid's fourth go 22/02/13

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

tractakid's fourth go 22/02/13

Post by tractakid »

I decided a while back that I'd like to try a Chesham start, so that realistically needs an Olympia exhibition service day. Friday is the first one that has fallen kindly, so Friday it is.

My Sister is going to Uganda later this year, this attempt will be with her and her (any my) friend, aiming to fundraise through sponsorship to help her go.

We'll be starting at 05:56, my schedule needs redoing as I somehow spent an hour crawling between the Aldgates :P

Primary aim is a completion, to add 2 more names to the 270 club, but it would be fantastic if we were to beat the time Andi helped me get last August. (18h 10m)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Nigel
Zone 5

Re: tractakid's fourth go 22/02/13

Post by Nigel »

Good luck! Will you be tweeting updates on your progress? I can't promise that I will come and find you, as I have a number of things I've got to do on Friday.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Good luck
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Good Luck! I wouldn't be surprised if another set of tubechallengers are at Chesham in the morning.
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I will be tweeting (@tractakid), and visitors are most welcome if you can make it. Should make a connection at Woodford early on, hopefully at 09:38. Appreciate no promises though.

*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I have been looking at this with Andrew and it's a very strong route and could come in around 17hrs 30mins maybe 17hrs 10mins with luck, talking of which all the best for Friday and hopefully a PB :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Going Underground wrote:I have been looking at this with Andrew and it's a very strong route and could come in around 17hrs 30mins maybe 17hrs 10mins with luck, talking of which all the best for Friday and hopefully a PB :D
Its a very strong route if u remember that the train at chalfont u dont have to rush for and get on it doh!
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Just had a text from Tractakid asking for door positions. The Raven's nest is back in business!

Also, Tractakid not the first person to make this mistake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNbydLXGRA
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

:lol:
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

:lol: at the picture - is that from when Chalfont and Latimer still had the shuttle platform?

Having decided to do a Chesham start, Tractakid decided to do two - so he restarted the clock 32 minutes after his first go. I must confess on our last run I got rather excited at Chalfont too but fortunately Glen stopped me running for the Chesham train!

Just spent a fun few hours out with Tractakid, his sister, and a friend. I don't think I actually did anything useful apart from being someone to bounce ideas off - I got ahead a few times to hold doors but the way trains went it never saved any time.

Being half an hour later than their original start spoiled some of the other timings, and that plus delays at Watford and not much luck on the way to Wood Street knocked them back a further half an hour, so they were just over an hour down. on their original plan. They saved a few minutes by doubling back Aldgate while awaiting a loop train, so by the time I left them at Morden they were bang on an hour down, although they got straight onto a 93 so they might well bring that back under the hour back from the original start. The reason this is in their thoughts is because they're now close to the last train down to Heathrow, so they're contemplating doing a #GirlTube style finish.
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Iain wrote::lol: at the picture - is that from when Chalfont and Latimer still had the shuttle platform?
It still does, doesn't it?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

I've also spent a few hours with them and the last train from TG down to HT4 is 23:31. They were doing OK.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

If they managed to keep it running exactly an hour behind their schedule it should still hopefully pretty much click into place....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I've just been going through the options for a finish as I think they just have the H&C bit from Edgware Road and the Richmond and Heathrow branches to do. It gets ridiculously complicated if something happens so they haven't got the Richmond branch done in time for the train HT mentions. There's a GirlTube stylee finish or alternatively you can do the Richmond branch first, then down to T5 via Feltham and a bus, and then a train back up from T5 for a South Ealing finish.

I thinkTractakid is mainly after a completion for the others, but it's looking like he might sneak under 18:10
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Just spoke on the phone - they're at Shepherd's Bush Market - by my calculations they've just got time to do the Richmond branch in time for the last train to Heathrow that HT talked about