My 1st attempt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
banjots
Zone 1

Re: My 1st attempt

Post by banjots »

After 3 days in London and one week on austrian mountain I have time to write that attempt a tube challenge is simply fantastic.
Isn't go so well.

Three causes. First I got a cut under my left foot the 5th of december so every run was a terrible pain.
Second... a severe delay in ruislip gardens on Central Line in the morning and I was on it.
Three... Earl's court... Why the hell I wrong for an Eastbound train when my destination was Wimbledon? Well this is only because I didn't know so well Earl's Court Station and tired I confused East with West...
Never mind.
I ended with 258 station at 22.00 in Harrow on the hill. I could go on but my foot was in a terrible pain so I decided to give up and "run" to the hotel to change my bandage.
The great thing has been the 6.15 Olympia service in perfect time to High Street Kensington.
2 mins waiting in Leyton the Hainault loop.
The Mill Hill East shuttle waited us....

I discovered one thing. Cockfosters and Ickenham are very cold in december and run with -2° is very hard.

Next attempt will be a shiny saturday in June. Maybe around the 22.
Thanks everyone!
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I'm sorry to hear your foot was a pain, but it's great to hear you do a vast majority of the stations. I ended up at Harrow on-the-hill with a similar number of stations done on my second attempt.

You will have learned lots of things, I am sure that on your next attempt you will not make the same mistakes. It's always disappointing not to complete, but still, well done on going out there, trying your best, and gaining lots of experience.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Sounds like you'd have completed if it hadn't been for the foot.

I often get East and West mixed up towards the end of a day, I remember yelling to The Raven that he was on the wrong platform, convinced I was right, whereas of course he was!

Good luck for the next attempt
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Iain wrote:Sounds like you'd have completed if it hadn't been for the foot.

I often get East and West mixed up towards the end of a day, I remember yelling to The Raven that he was on the wrong platform, convinced I was right, whereas of course he was!

Good luck for the next attempt
Yes I remember that at Edgware Road. Just kept shouting "HAMMER!!! HAMMER!!!! HAMMER!"

Sorry to hear about you foot though.
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
banjots
Zone 1

Post by banjots »

I got so much fun that is not so sad the uncomplete...
I count all the people with the Kindle Fire or the iPhone.
About 90% of iPhone and 10% of other mobile phone and so much people with the Kindle.

Maybe I should go to Amersham any case but was really enough. Was only my first time. The next time I will do it alone. The friend with me wasn't a good tube fan as I am.