GirlTube

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
kateyay
Zone 3

Re: GirlTube

Post by kateyay »

tubeguru wrote:The 21st of December?! Good luck ...
Thanks! We are likely to see drunken office parties, people heading home to families, last minute shopping and so on. It will be busy and cold. We are possibly unlikely to complete, but we want to try!
Sam wrote:Ah boo, I am up north else I would have came out and said "hi" or something :P
Anyway, best of luck, and the main thing, ENJOY! :)
Thank you! Enjoy your trip too!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

kateyay wrote:
tubeguru wrote:The 21st of December?! Good luck ...
Thanks!
OK, which hole did my sarcasm leak out of? :roll: :)
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

On that day I would have thought the chance of not encountering any drunks is next to nothing.

I don't think that I've ever completed a full network without encountering at least one drunk, although one attempt it was on a bus at about 3pm, which caused the bus to be delayed as he nearly got thrown off.

That said, I had to go to Birmingham last Saturday catching an early train from Euston. The Central Line from Woodford at 6.40am was full of people who looked like they just finished partying - either still pissed or virtually comatose.
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

Nigel wrote:On that day I would have thought the chance of not encountering any drunks is next to nothing.
Very much so!!

In other, related, news - it appears that the service to Olympia is now going to be working on Friday 21st. I do wish TfL would make their minds up on such things - it's been quite ridiculous trying to plan this and asking at different stages. I've been checking JourneyPlanner at various stages, which also can't make it's mind up. in September, it wasn't on. In October it was. later that week in October, it wasn't. Earlier this month, it still wasn't. And now it appears to be so!

Of course, it's not an amazingly widely used service, and all of this discussion is probably of no merit to the general tube-using public at all, but thought it might be of interest to those people who are here - and would find this information potentially useful!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I wonder if the problems with Journey Planner are something to do with the new WTTs that started on Sunday? Possibly when they uploaded them it overwrote the Olympia services or something.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

If I'm around that day- possible- I may be able to do some support or say hi after I have made a stab at the (full!) Overground challenge. This obviously starts at 06:18 at the station in question. I need to be on a train back from Euston at ten to five.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

greatkingrat wrote:I wonder if the problems with Journey Planner are something to do with the new WTTs that started on Sunday? Possibly when they uploaded them it overwrote the Olympia services or something.
Possibly! Or maybe they still had last year's dates in there by accident. Who knows! Sadly it seems as if Geoff and Richie weren't that lucky with it though. :(
tractakid wrote:If I'm around that day- possible- I may be able to do some support or say hi after I have made a stab at the (full!) Overground challenge. This obviously starts at 06:18 at the station in question. I need to be on a train back from Euston at ten to five.
Brilliant! We are tweeting! :)

In an update, we are both now off-work for Christmas, and commencing preparations for tomorrow's madness! Vicki has the bonus of having two previous attempts behind her...whereas this is my first go. We've both been point-people but it's not the same really!

We are taking bets on how long it will take us before we deviate from the route we have written when something goes wrong! :D
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Looking at the live departure boards, the Olympia service is definitely running today at least.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

greatkingrat wrote:Looking at the live departure boards, the Olympia service is definitely running today at least.
I can confirm that I saw a District Line at Olympia when I went through it earlier today.
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Best of luck for tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for you, and maybe try to find you, if I can squeeze it in between the Christmas shopping trips I still need to do.
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Just been to Epping and back with GirlTube. Still going well, but starting to get a little tired.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I didn't have much luck meeting with the girls - I was combining the day with scouting for the Park Challenge. They got to Uxbridge half an hour or so ahead of schedule meaning I missed them there. They'd said they were up at Cockfosters early afternoon so I went to do my scouting in that section about 2-3 but I think they re-routed as they didn't get there until 5 or so. Sorry to have missed them. Still - I did finally get to meet Geoff last week! :)
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
petermiller36
Zone 4

Post by petermiller36 »

Why's everyone so bothered about meeting Geoff? I've met him many times and think he's an idiot. :D
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

petermiller36 wrote:Why's everyone so bothered about meeting Geoff? I've met him many times and think he's an idiot. :D
Blimey - there's a blast from the past.

I note that no one ever wants to meet me. I hate you all.

Member of sweet FA
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Huzzah!

Member of sweet FA