GirlTube

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
kateyay
Zone 3

GirlTube

Post by kateyay »

We are planning to try for a completion at some point in the near future - with an all-girl team of Vicki "The Face Of London's Railways" and I.

Details are scant as we are still planning it at the moment. But Vicki has not completed a full 270, and I've never been to West Ruislip, let alone try a challenge!

We will not beat any records - our only aim is to complete, and possibly enjoy a nice cup of tea along the way. Huzzah!
The Raven
All Zones

Re: GirlTube

Post by The Raven »

Good luck!

As a side note, from personal experience, getting a cup of tea delivered to you, while on a challenge, is fantastic!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Get Geoff to get the kettle on!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Are you doing your own route or getting one from Moley?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I reckon they should do their own.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

al wrote:Get Geoff to get the kettle on!
Totally - he's on tea duties :D
The Raven wrote:Good luck!
As a side note, from personal experience, getting a cup of tea delivered to you, while on a challenge, is fantastic!
We have done this for Geoff/Anthony/Richard a couple of times. What fun! :) Thanks for the well-wishes, too!
Iain wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Are you doing your own route or getting one from Moley?
We are making our own route up. Won't be breaking any records, but are firmly looking forward to the day!
matthew dunderdale
Zone 1

Post by matthew dunderdale »

kateyay wrote:We are making our own route up. Won't be breaking any records, but are firmly looking forward to the day!
thats my philosophy on the planning of it as well.... get them done and pray for no signal failures
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

yes, should be fun - complete role reversal time! as i get to find out what it's like to be support for ALL day, and kate gets to to find out what it's like to ride bloody trains for 18 hours. bllleugh! mwah ha haaar.
Iain wrote:Are you doing your own route or getting one from Moley?
Also, it should be pointed out too, that our last attempt (Tube 21, write up still to be done!) was a combination of Chris / Me / and Kate too, as we all put our heads together on it until we came up with something clever. and we did! t'was our best team effort yet. Chris tends now to devise routes, and we then pick them apart and tweak it until we're happy with it! So Kate & V are more than capable of coming up with a route. no help from me! :lol:
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

geofftech wrote:Chris tends now to devise routes
No offence intended at all, but what has changed there then that requires the "now"?!
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

Steeevooo wrote:
geofftech wrote:Chris tends now to devise routes
No offence intended at all, but what has changed there then that requires the "now"?!
I think it used to be that Chris made the route, and Geoff would approve!

The last couple of times we've been out, there have been debates about what to do when, and a few ideas chipped in from lots of us, so it's a tiny bit more of a "team" route now. So it has sort-of changed a little!
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

These people have always thrown their ideas into the hat and i've considered them.

For our last route, I went back to a completely fresh slate and worked up a new route. It then went through Geoff and Kate for tweaking and as I was really busy, rather than me explore each suggestion, Kate looked into them. The route then went to the rest of our team for final input.

I've always said that Geoff runs and I do the route. But that discounts Anthony and Richard who also run and Kate, Vicki and Matt who chip in on the route and also help on the day. I'd be here all day if I listed everyone each time. We're a team.

Its no good one person writing a route to then get out there on the day and realise there is a mistake - it needs checking.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

btw I think you've had three people answer the same question slightly differently but with the same end point....... teamwork!
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

Indeed Chris! Teamwork! :D

Since my main Tube Challenging information does not amount to lots (I am normally a point-person, so don't really know a huge number of the line end-to-end interchanges) - before we go out, we are having some scouting days.

We have started the scouting and will carry on for the next couple of weeks, as our attempt at 270 is not happening just yet!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well good luck when u do do it perhaps u can draw inspiration from this team of women!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/broo ... db4ALGYLZK
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Team of women? That's one woman who failed.

I know a rather successful woman in the UK ;)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver