My 18th Attempt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
al
Zone 6

My 18th Attempt

Post by al »

Have been out today trying once more to have some luck, and didn't get it. No massive network issues (I think it has been good service all day) although Acton Town this morning was slow going. It was a combination of the signaller holding us outside Watford for 3 mins to allow the train I wanted to leave, a train being late at Woodford throwing everything following out, and (embarrassingly) going the wrong way at one point. The final straw was taking ages to get to Upminster, thus just missing a C2C.

So annoyed, especially as I can't just blame the network this time!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
palkanetoijala31

Re: My 18th Attempt

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

al wrote:Have been out today trying once more to have some luck, and didn't get it. No massive network issues (I think it has been good service all day) although Acton Town this morning was slow going. It was a combination of the signaller holding us outside Watford for 3 mins to allow the train I wanted to leave, a train being late at Woodford throwing everything following out, and (embarrassingly) going the wrong way at one point. The final straw was taking ages to get to Upminster, thus just missing a C2C.

So annoyed, especially as I can't just blame the network this time!
but did u enjoy urself AL
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Where did you go the wrong way? lol
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

I did enjoy it (apart from going the wrong way), especially doing a run I hadn't done before because I thought it was too far, but was really pleased how quick it was, and am now wondering why I never did it before!

The error came at KXSP. I went back there today to see how I got it wrong - it was my brain looking at two signs and coming to a single conclusion, when actually the second sign shouldn't have been read in conjunction with the first so two conclusions were still possible. It's still my fault though :(
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.