Sam vs Matt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Re: Sam vs Matt

Post by hopeful traveller »

The Official Winner is Sam, with a ratio of 0.2764505 stations per minute. In Second Place is Matt, with a ratio of 0.118508.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

That's not a ratio, that's an average :)
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Interestingly or Non-Interestingly to beat the current record you need to do 0.27300303 stations per minute!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

The Raven wrote:Interestingly or Non-Interestingly to beat the current record you need to do 0.27300303 stations per minute!
Some stations are easier to do that others :) :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

The Raven wrote:Interestingly or Non-Interestingly to beat the current record you need to do 0.27300303 stations per minute!
Easy - departing from Charing Cross and arriving at Embankment to give you ~2.0 stations per minute.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

Root wrote:
Easy - departing from Charing Cross and arriving at Embankment to give you ~2.0 stations per minute.
On what line?...
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

James, I can't remember the last time that you posted an even remotely relevant or interesting post on this forum, just don't bother posting as opposed to posting inane comments...
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Steeevooo wrote:James, I can't remember the last time that you posted an even remotely relevant or interesting post on this forum, just don't bother posting as opposed to posting inane comments...
Agreed. In the immortal words of Steve Martin in Trains, Planes and Automobiles "Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader"
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Right, some details from the day...

Both Matt and I started on time and had some good luck through the early parts including getting an early train up to Watford and getting to North Harrow ahead of schedule. However, due to a points failure at Rayners Lane the Piccadilly line wasn't playing ball and this held us both up no end.

This caused both of us to re route on the fly as schedules were not well out the window!! We were together for the next couple of hours despite going seperate ways at one point, Matt changed his mind and ended up going the same way as me albeit on a train behind but caught me up *Dammit!!*.

Some nice connections were made and we eventually parted ways at around 10:30am, Matt opting to return to the line that had caused us issues once already that morning and had a horrendous time of it and eventually retired having completed around 5 hours and not many stations.

I realised that returning to said line was a foolish idea so made my way south, I had some of the sexiest changes ever and actually made up some time, before having a 10 minute wait at Upminster which undid all of my hard work. I ploughed on though thinking that you never know and I could still somehow get the record!

I then had two options and opted for what I would soon realise was the wrong option, doors kept slamming in my face and I was rapidly losing time. I got as far as the central line elusive loop and faced with a 15 minute wait, I decided enough was enough as I was now around an hour down :( I managed to get 9 hours into my day and didn't have an amazing amount left to do!

A good time was had by both of us but it was gutting that we were halted so early on in our challenge. Matt and I deemed that I was the winner as I had made wiser choices during the day and the £70 meal that he had to pay for as a result of losing went down very well :P

I was considering retiring but i've decided that I cannot end my tube challenge life with a challenge like that so will be out again, but not before the timetable changes so I will have to see what Olympia changes hold.

Suffice to say, there may well be a rematch in the New Year ;)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

Hard luck Sam and Matt.

I think Hainult should have a sign "time lost to all ye who enter here!"
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six