Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
nozzacook
All Zones

Re: Attemp Thurs 5th May

Post by nozzacook »

Finished in a new PB of 17:06.51
Finishing station was T4 just missed previous T4 so cleared T5 fIrst. Will do write up tomorrow now got a lovely coach ride home.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Wow, that is an amazing time!! Well done!! That chucks the cat amongst the pigeons!! :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

Well done! Look forward to hearing more about the day.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Great time on an unorthodox route - well done Nozza!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Great work Nozza that is a corking time :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Absolutely GR8 time Nozza only wish u had broken 17h barrier though :(
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Now I'm back home after suffering a 10 hour coach journey. Yesterday was the best full network I've completed & was the first I've completed in the last four attemptes.
The day started well with a Southbound district line train sat in the platform At Upminster as I arrived on the c2c from barking.

0545 and a few seconds doors close and we are off Log, photo, log, Photo, log etc I had forgotten how much work was involved when you are on your own. Antway an uneventful trip into zone 1 and after several changes it was off towards epping & woodford. Used the few spare mins at Woodford to visit the lovely Brazilian Lass & stock up on food, the first dissapointment of the day sorry Andi she has become a man. This was soon followed by elation when having completed the east end of the central line and heading north to here that the central was suspended between leytonstone & marble arch. Went north clearing Amersham, Edgware, High Barnet & Cockfosters not necessarily in that order. A lack of busses at high barnet forced me to take a bus to new barnet station & ran from there It nearly killed me as it is mainly up hill but was worth every bit of the pain when i managed to catch an earlier train out. then went south via olympia & the late Lorol service. but still cought the south merton train for the nice run to morden. Wimbledon to mordern 14 mins.
Still being on for a good time I arrived at Ealing broadway on the back of the evening rush nervous as several challenges ago a great time went south at this very station at a similar time of day. But no worries with 2 mins of arriving was on my way again. back to wards central for the final push around central before the last major change at hammersmith. Got accross from the H&C to the picc to see the doors close on a train going to T4 with a T5 train just 2 mins behind decided to do heathrow in reverse. so finishing at Heatrow T4 17hours 6mins & 51 sec after leaving Upminster.

Question how long Has the Autoloo been there on the run between West ruislip & Ickenham just before the park we cut through .

Sorry not much detail about the route but with some key changes this route can go quicker & possibly close to the record.
Roll on september when I give it another go
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Nozza, brilliant!
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

nozzacook wrote:Question how long Has the Autoloo been there on the run between West ruislip & Ickenham just before the park we cut through .
Not sure, but it is on google maps so I would say a while

Also well done on a great time
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

mullardo wrote:
nozzacook wrote:Question how long Has the Autoloo been there on the run between West ruislip & Ickenham just before the park we cut through .

I expect the council got tired of all these tube challengers over the years flipping out their tackle and relieving themselves.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Girl Tube Challengers don't have tackle.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

mullardo wrote:

I seem to recall it being there when I first researched the network in 2006
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold