Attempt Friday 21st January

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Username
Zone 1

Attempt Friday 21st January

Post by Username »

So there we were again, the Metropolitan line, silly o'clock in the morning. New starting location though, Chesham, and although the highstreet looked very nice in the dark, it was very cold and we quickly retired to the lovely waiting room to admire the numerous gardening awards.

This was our third attempt and after the first one ended at Chalfont and Latimer after three stations and the second one after about six hours, this one seemed to be going rather well. We lost about twenty minutes from our scheduled time early on but then maintained this gap to about the thirteen hour mark. However the District line and the Hammersmith loop late at night screwed us up - nothing specific just general long waits and slowness - and we ended up missing the last train to Heathrow T4 by about half an hour. We could have gone down to Heathrow and done HT123 and 5 but didn't see the point.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Attempt Friday 21st January

Post by Going Underground »

Bad luck, I really think this current GWR is going to be in place for sometime yet....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Going Underground wrote:Bad luck, I really think this current GWR is going to be in place for sometime yet....
Well done though for attempting the 1st try i have actually heard of for a while.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Mainly because it's been too bloody cold and the network has been a mess!
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Sam wrote:Mainly because it's been too bloody cold and the network has been a mess!
Sam didnt you break the record in December i think thats a bloody cold month isnt it.!try sleeping on a Bus stop bench at 3am in the morning somewhere 20km outside Helsinki -15c very drunk and trying to get to the airport thats cold.I agree that the network has been a mess and its about time someone burst into Boris,s office and did something about it.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Yes I did, just as you did so you will be aware of how cold it is!

I think once the nicer weather comes around and the timetable gets settled, and the network becomes a bit more friendly then there will be more attempts!

Not sure storming into Boris is going to help, take it up with the signalling engineers...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver