My Challenge - 22nd June 2010

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Sam
The Twilight Zone

My Challenge - 22nd June 2010

Post by Sam »

As most of you are aware, I was out on a solo attempt yesterday and it went bad... very bad....!

It all started so well and I even got into North Harrow a minute early(!), however, my train I was running to was late which had a knock on effect for my whole day meaning my route had to be altered and things simply didn't improve. Many a train slamming it's doors in my face. Horrendous connections ensued and every train I was on seemed to be held up due to sitting at a red light, my Victoria line train took 7 minutes just to get between Seven Sisters and Finsbury Park, a journey which should take just 3 minutes.

What else went wrong? Well, a minor error on my part meant I went northbound when I should have been heading southbound so I cost myself around ten minutes I fear. Oh, then there's the 11 minutes between Metropolitan and Bakerloo lines, throw in taking nearly half an hour to get between Jubilee and Northern line and things just went from bad to worse, so at around 19.40 and working out I was an hour down meant I abandoned. I would have liked to have continued to the end out of interest but I had to be at work for 06.45 this morning so would have been silly to continue. When I got home, I used the WTTs to estimate a finishing time and I believe it would have been around 17 hours 37 minutes, ouch!

Oh, and I also nearly got myself killed by doing a Matt and belting across a road when I thought the lights had changed.... :(

One highlight of the day, well probably the only highlight of the day was getting the U1 bus, something I have never caught before which meant I did that connection train to train in 6 minutes! Well, there had to be one good thing about the day! :P

Ah well, there's always next time....

EDIT: Final station count, not that it really matters was 214
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Garion
All Zones

Re: My Challenge - 22nd June 2010

Post by Garion »

Better luck next time :) Obviously yesterday wasn't your day :( Hope things will be better for the next attempt!
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

And I imagine the heat was pretty tough as well......
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

The heat was horrendous, made moving between stations on foot very difficult :(

Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

Sam wrote:What else went wrong? Well, a minor error on my part meant I went northbound when I should have been heading southbound so I cost myself around ten minutes I fear.
Not wishing to rub it in, but how did that happen? :o
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

The heat threw me I think, my day was going wrong, it was really hot... I got to the platform glanced at the board and realised it was the wrong way but when the train came in, it had the southbound destination on the front so being silly, I got on it, thinking well it says it on the front so CIS must be wrong... pure stupidity on my part. That's when it's handy to have someone with you so one of you should at least get it right :P