My tube Attempt

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Neilandrewhall
Zone 1

My tube Attempt

Post by Neilandrewhall »

Hi Everyone,

This was my first tube challenge and I failed badly, me and my friend decided to do it and we started of at High Barnet and we finished at Upminster, we had a final time of 21 hours i think?
We also did the London Overground by accident lol, Cause it was our first attempt but my bad :(

I will be doing the attempt again in September so if anyone wants to help get in contact with me :)

Thanks Neil
Last edited by Neilandrewhall on 07 Jun 2010, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

Re: My tube Attempt

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Neilandrewhall wrote:Hi Everyone,

This was my first tube challenge and I failed badly, me and my friend decided to do it and we started of at High Barnet and we finished at Upminster, we had a final time of 21 hours i think?

I will be doing the attempt again in September so if anyone wants to help get in contact with me :)

Thanks Neil
See he hasnt got writers block
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:See he hasnt got writers block
:roll:

Welcome to the forum, Neil, thanks for letting us know about your attempt. Everybody on here has made stupid mistakes at some point, so you shouldn't worry about it :) Better luck next time!
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Neil,

I heard that you had been in contact with Andi regarding the attempt before it was made. Did he not clarify with you what the challenge actually entailed? It's an unfortunate error that would add hours onto the time! Frequency on LOROL is horrendous at times.

Better Luck next time and welcome to the forum!!

Sam :)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:Neil,

I heard that you had been in contact with Andi regarding the attempt before it was made. Did he not clarify with you what the challenge actually entailed? It's an unfortunate error that would add hours onto the time! Frequency on LOROL is horrendous at times.

Better Luck next time and welcome to the forum!!

Sam :)
He didnt ask that question i presumed he knew he didnt have to do.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I make "schoolboy" mistakes on every challenge, including 2 on the Z1 last Friday and I have competed in dozens :roll:

Anyway a warm welcome to the forum and if you fancy any "Alternative" challenges there is a regular R15 championship and other events... :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

my common mistake is still forgetting the cross platform terminators sometimes but i have got better it nearly got me on zone 1 with a tower hill but fortunately it was our train that went 1st.
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

When all is said and done though, I reckon that 21 hours whilst including the London Overground network is quite a time, and that with a little polishing you should end up with quite a competitive time!