Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Post by bouncingtigger »

Just thought i'd say hi, and put up my first post!

Although this is my first post and new to the forum, i'm going for my 5th full network on thursday. 3 of the attempts were charity runs, and my last one in early march, failed badly! But as they say if at first you don't succeed!

As i said, i'm new to the forum, only just found it last week, always wondered if there was and now i'm here! But i'm happy to take any advice thrown my way, best way to learn, and if anyone fancies a few hours out let me know.

In keeping with what I've read so far, i'll keep the route close to my chest, however, It's a westish start, with a south eastish finish!

It's great to be on here, and hope to speak to some of you soon!

Jay
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Post by Going Underground »

Hi Jay

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your attempt, which means there are full networks this Thurs and Fri..... Let us know how you get on..... :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

bouncingtigger wrote:It's a westish start, with a south eastish finish!
Welcome aboard, Jay, and good luck with your attempt.

Intriguing comment there. There aren't any tube lines to the south east of the capital, unless you count a small corner of the JLE. :?
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

London's in the south east of England though, so a Bristol start with a London finish? I'm fairly sure nobody's attempted it before :mrgreen:
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

He could mean upminster.

I'm more curious about the Westery start. Not a North West and not a South West but a West. Uxbridge? (Still NW?) or Ealing Braodway?
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

bouncingtigger wrote:Just thought i'd say hi, and put up my first post!

Although this is my first post and new to the forum, i'm going for my 5th full network on thursday. 3 of the attempts were charity runs, and my last one in early march, failed badly! But as they say if at first you don't succeed!

As i said, i'm new to the forum, only just found it last week, always wondered if there was and now i'm here! But i'm happy to take any advice thrown my way, best way to learn, and if anyone fancies a few hours out let me know.

In keeping with what I've read so far, i'll keep the route close to my chest, however, It's a westish start, with a south eastish finish!

It's great to be on here, and hope to speak to some of you soon!

Jay
Wow 5 attempts allready shame u not starting on the friday we could have a good conversation for the 1st hour u me and black stig.
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

Firstly thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated,

nice to know I've got you intrigued, i think Jamesthegill is about the closest of anyone so far, from what I've read in other posts, It's not a conventional route, born from the first one i ever created, which was for a charity run, so i was restricted to start finish points, but It's evolved through a lot of shouting at journey planner, and little pieces of paper across a desk!

And friday is in reserve incase thursday doesn't quite go to plan, however i don't think our start points aren't the same! But would have been great to meet people who know what It's all about!
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

Well bad news is I've just had to cancel my run tomorrow as my running mate has come down with flu, and i can't go alone, very difficult to get witness statements and photo's alone! I'm going to re-arrange it for next thursday, but does anyone know how easy it is to change the date with guinness? I'd notified them about tomorrow's, friday's reserve date, and one in november, but I've never had to change the date? If anyone know's please let me know!

Jay
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

bouncingtigger wrote:Well bad news is I've just had to cancel my run tomorrow as my running mate has come down with flu, and i can't go alone, very difficult to get witness statements and photo's alone! I'm going to re-arrange it for next thursday, but does anyone know how easy it is to change the date with guinness? I'd notified them about tomorrow's, friday's reserve date, and one in november, but I've never had to change the date? If anyone know's please let me know!

Jay
No problem at all, as far as I know. Last time I checked you could change it at any time on the site. I don't even think you have to tell them in advance for the record to count, but I wouldn't bet on it...
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Quite frankly the day submitted to Guinness is probably irrelevant... Look at the "super saturday" record time set in December a couple of years back. Guinness were advised of the day, come back and acknowledged it was OK and then didn't accept the time.... :x :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

Thanks for that, i really didn't want to end up like the super saturday attempt, especially not a newbie to the forum! 'hi everyone I've broken the record' and then 3 months later, 'ah turns out i haven't'

i'll check my account with them when i get back, i'm just using the day off to test some of the trickier parts of the route in real time!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

You gonna let us all know how this attempt went then bouncingtigger?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

Sam wrote:You gonna let us all know how this attempt went then bouncingtigger?
Sorry for the delay in posting how it went! Been a bit hectic! Well the short answer is i went ahead alone as my running mate failed to show, but still had my stopwatch operator so went ahead alone,

The annoying thing is despite getting a completion, and inside the record by about 27 seconds, i can't submit it as i failed to get enough evidence on the day, it's very difficult alone! Lost a lot of time when central line flashed up as suspended so i changed my route, then found it was fine!

So i'm going again in november, and looking for reliable volunteers as it is a very fast route, so if anyone wants to come out on it then let me know

Jay
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

I feel so sorry for you. How much evidence did you get?
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

only about half the train numbers, about 20 witness statements, and only a handful of pictures of any decent note because trying to get me in them was a nightmare!