Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
palkanetoijala31

Re: Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

well done send it in congratulations
palkanetoijala31

what was the final time whether or not it is confirmed 17h 12m 16s for example at least put it on wikipedia but well done on a gr8 attempt.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

So, where did you start/finish then?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Well done indeed bouncingtigger! You chose an almost perfect day. It was more than 98.5% Good Service (average over recent months has been around 93%).

However, I'll be the first to express my utter surprise if it turns out that indeed Amersham/Chesham was neither start nor finish. I'd also be somewhat surprised, but less so, if Heathrow was not the other end point. (I haven't yet got around to figuring out what time table possibilities there are that would produce 17:12 plus/minus 1, possibly 2, minutes, given that all services were probably running good at start and end).

Without asking for route specifics, I'd be most interested in knowing what amount/level of running was involved - since this certainly affects the time, and also route planning, a lot.
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

thanks everyone, i'll submit it, but i'm stopping short of calling it a provisional record untill i hear anything back, but at least it's not by much, so everyone still has a lot to play with!

The day itself was one of amazing luck, i started at t4, and had expected a bit of a wait at t123, but for some bizzare reason there was already a t5 train waiting, which wasn't on the timetable, managed to catch a tram by the skin of my teeth, bus from walthamstow, was running late so put his foot down, and then let me out at the lights at leyton rather than the bus stop, but other than that the luck and changes really worked.

But i'll go again in november before i note out of london, so like i said if anyone wants to come with i'd appreciate it!

Jay
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

sorry the time was 17h12m18s, and just to clarify, i had a stop watch operator and both ends
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

bouncingtigger wrote:thanks everyone, i'll submit it, but i'm stopping short of calling it a provisional record untill i hear anything back, but at least it's not by much, so everyone still has a lot to play with!
Well it's provisional until you hear otherwise, not before, but I admire your restraint.

T4 start is interesting, as it would get over the 8-minute wait there. However I've always presumed this puts you at a disadvantage since you'll have to finish at either Amersham or Chesham (which have an infrequent service towards the end of the day).
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

The t4 start has it's advantages and disadvantages, if it hadn't been for a train waiting at t123, that wasn't on the wtt, then the 8 minute wait is kinda nullified anyway, it wasn't an amersham finish, i'd covered that late afternoon when trains were more frequent!
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

bouncingtigger wrote:The t4 start has it's advantages and disadvantages, if it hadn't been for a train waiting at t123, that wasn't on the wtt, then the 8 minute wait is kinda nullified anyway, it wasn't an amersham finish, i'd covered that late afternoon when trains were more frequent!
Epping finish then. :D
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Its a fantastic time & well done. so go on put us out of our wisery where did you finish.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
mps247
Zone 4

Post by mps247 »

I'd be willing to bet it's either Canning Town or Bermondsey. Somewhere unusual.
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

My vote is either morden or upminster
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

My vote is Epping, but it could possibly be Edgware :!:

And I was indeed utterly surprised... :oops:
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

He said it was a southeasterly finish so it can't be Epping or Edgware. Upminster or Morden could just about be called southeasterly at a push.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
palkanetoijala31

I wonder if we see a joy 54 attempt now.?