Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
palkanetoijala31

Re: Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:i still think u should put the provisional time on wikipedia that way anybody whom isnt on the forum can know what time to beat should they wish to attempt.

Well done for putting it on wikipedia but for grammer sense and im the last to talk on grammer it be nice to have ur full name

by the way i didnt notice any mention of a logbook was that just missed in the comment
snd getting pictures of roundels is sufficient enough as u were on own.

only about half the train numbers, about 20 witness statements, and only a handful of pictures of any decent note because trying to get me in them was a nightmare!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Do we know if they actually did a log book for this attempt?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:Do we know if they actually did a log book for this attempt?
It was not mentioned in his original post i just picked up on it and as far as i know he was alone.?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Well if there was no log book then he doesn't stand a chance of getting it verified :)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Just out of interest what does the forum think about displaying provisional records on wikipedia prior to approval from Guinness. On the basis of all the evidence that I gathered for our now infamous Saturday attempt in December 2007 when we set a new record only for Guinness to reject for utterly stupid reasons, I can't see how Jay's attempt will be verified given the limited amount of evidence that has been gathered. Perhaps the record times section of wikipedia should be reserved only for times that have been officially verified by Guinness as we all know this process can take some months, in the case of our first GWR nearly 5 months!
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

I think its ok for provisional records that can also be deleted if not come to be official by guinness the only thing i have a hang up on is people putting there full name not there forum name hence why i deleted the said post on wikipedia until somebody does it right.

ie. Jay surname.?
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

It can always be an unofficial record as this can still be the fastest time but not meet Guinness requirements.
With that in mind they should be posted as unofficial rather than Provisional.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

All new information on Wikipedia needs to be verifiable - and I don't think that a forum post of someone saying "I did it in X time" is enough. On that basis alone, I think that only Guinness-approved times should go onto the Tube Challenge entry.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
palkanetoijala31

Root wrote:All new information on Wikipedia needs to be verifiable - and I don't think that a forum post of someone saying "I did it in X time" is enough. On that basis alone, I think that only Guinness-approved times should go onto the Tube Challenge entry.
I disagree its ok for Jay (please give ur surname for the record on wikipedia) time to be put on there for a couple of months if it turns out it was false or non verifiable then it can be deleted simple as that.
bouncingtigger
Zone 1

Post by bouncingtigger »

sorry been on holiday,

First one, didn't mention log book as that was a given in my mind. The most vital thing you need regardless of anything else!

And the second point i'm with root on this, i don't think provisional records should be on wiki, i think it should just be ratified records, otherwise take the week begining the 16th, i'm out on the tuesday, you guys are all out for cin, and i'm sure i read someone else's is out that week, say we all set new record times, until they were ratified it would look very confusing in my mind, at least this way when you get the nod from guinness you can confirm it on the forum and on wiki, in my mind i haven't broken it yet untill i get the word, which is kinda what i've said since my run! Well thats what i think anyway!
palkanetoijala31

bouncingtigger wrote:sorry been on holiday,

First one, didn't mention log book as that was a given in my mind. The most vital thing you need regardless of anything else!

And the second point i'm with root on this, i don't think provisional records should be on wiki, i think it should just be ratified records, otherwise take the week begining the 16th, i'm out on the tuesday, you guys are all out for cin, and i'm sure i read someone else's is out that week, say we all set new record times, until they were ratified it would look very confusing in my mind, at least this way when you get the nod from guinness you can confirm it on the forum and on wiki, in my mind i haven't broken it yet untill i get the word, which is kinda what i've said since my run! Well thats what i think anyway!
i still disagree with that comment and here is the reason why on our last attempt we met somebody researching the top of the high barnet link now they didnt know about the forum at all.So say they set a time of 17h 12m 30s tomorrow they be dead chuffed only to find out a few months later they havent a record after all i be a pissed off if that happened too me.
palkanetoijala31

Soup Dragon wrote:Just out of interest what does the forum think about displaying provisional records on wikipedia prior to approval from Guinness. On the basis of all the evidence that I gathered for our now infamous Saturday attempt in December 2007 when we set a new record only for Guinness to reject for utterly stupid reasons, I can't see how Jay's attempt will be verified given the limited amount of evidence that has been gathered. Perhaps the record times section of wikipedia should be reserved only for times that have been officially verified by Guinness as we all know this process can take some months, in the case of our first GWR nearly 5 months!
Allthough this did have the reverse effect on other peoples attempts on 268 on wikipedia me and sara went out jan 7th 2008 thinking we have to beat 17h 30m when in reality we could have been more lax and cruised in at 18h 15m route timetable.
palkanetoijala31

It seems that we have some new provisional record holders anyway in tim roberts and martha jackson in 17h 11m 05s i wonder who they are.?so u better hope ur record stands up jay
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

In that case, perhaps everyone should follow all their attempts to the bitter end! :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Nothing against Tim & Martha but after much sweat and toil I was feeling very pleased with myself yesterday for coming up with 2 quite nice 17hrs 12mins routes..... :|
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold