Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
hwolge
Zone 6

Re: Newbie says hi and attempt on thursday!

Post by hwolge »

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I have relevant findings to present:

Over the past few weeks I've been doing extensive computerised searches for the ultimate route. I will not reveal any absolute specifics, but I'd like to share this finding:

With an Amersham/Chesham corner start, a Heathrow finish is probably only about 7-10 minutes quicker than a Brixton finish - in theory. Lot's of factors could affect it (both ways), but I believe it to be a fair estimate.
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

hwolge wrote:Sorry for bumping the thread, but I have relevant findings to present:

Over the past few weeks I've been doing extensive computerised searches for the ultimate route. I will not reveal any absolute specifics, but I'd like to share this finding:

With an Amersham/Chesham corner start, a Heathrow finish is probably only about 7-10 minutes quicker than a Brixton finish - in theory. Lot's of factors could affect it (both ways), but I believe it to be a fair estimate.
Interesting news. Surely the route with the fewer changes is the better one, as less is down to chance...
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
mullardo
Zone 5

Post by mullardo »

Wanstead wrote:
Interesting news. Surely the route with the fewer changes is the better one, as less is down to chance...
I disagree, the route with no changes is pants.
VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform VVaveform
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

mullardo wrote:
Wanstead wrote:
I disagree, the route with no changes is pants.
Very good. I meant when choosing between two routes of similar timing.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

hwolge wrote:Sorry for bumping the thread, but I have relevant findings to present:

Hmm i dont mean to be blunt here Hakan but he did mention he didnt start at Amersham/chesham but at t4.
jbom
Zone 3

Post by jbom »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:

Hmm i dont mean to be blunt here Hakan but he did mention he didnt start at Amersham/chesham but at t4.
Nonetheless, Hakan's results do show a Brixton finish to be a better option than one might instinctively imagine.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

jbom wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:

Nonetheless, Hakan's results do show a Brixton finish to be a better option than one might instinctively imagine.
True the fact that a brixton finish would obviously bring some things into play and i would agree wiv hakan statistics if it was a finish only 7-10 slower but i diasgree wiv having not an amersham/chesham start it be a lot longer than 7-10 mins unless u got lucky wiv connections.
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
jbom wrote:Nonetheless, Hakan's results do show a Brixton finish to be a better option than one might instinctively imagine.
True the fact that a brixton finish would obviously bring some things into play and i would agree wiv hakan statistics if it was a finish only 7-10 slower but i diasgree wiv having not an amersham/chesham start it be a lot longer than 7-10 mins unless u got lucky wiv connections.
The 7-10 minutes must be taken up by the wait time on the Heathrow Loop.