World record attempt - live updates

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
palkanetoijala31

Re: World record attempt - live updates

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

joy54 wrote:Can't say I'm not relieved, with "Good Service" showing practically the whole day and the weather absolutely magnificent, it looked like the perfect day was on...
i wouldnt say the weather was the perfect although sunny is good the temperature would have slowed running pace down a little bit personally i wanted it broken by hakan and crew.
hwolge
Zone 6

Re: World record attempt - live updates

Post by hwolge »

scrxisi wrote:I too thought it was looking nailed on with the way the reports were going and the service status page being locked on 'Good Service' pretty much all day... (think the Bakerloo was suspended north of Stonebridge Park for about 10 minutes and that was it until Victoria)

Bad luck guys.
And we actually lost some 8 minutes on the Bakerloo suspension also... So we actually managed to hit 2 out of 2 disruptions on an otherwise perfect day. No, you're right Matt, it really looked good despite a not perfect start and despite the Bakerloo (person under train on the NR at H&W we think) suspension. BTW Matt, thanks a lot for your assistance yesterday!

We had an almost identical plan as last time, and when we compared the two attempts, we can see that we weren't especially lucky (nor unlucky) on either of them (disregarding the actual show stoppers that unfortunately foiled both attempts). The irony of the Victoria power outage is that a similar powerout at Earl's Court stopped us on our very first GWR attempt back in March -06, when we were actually very close to beating Geoff & Neil's classic record.

We're now certain that on any given day where nothing major goes wrong, our route is good for a sub-17h time, and of course even more likely at least good enough for a new GWR.
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)