Post Covid FNC

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
Golf
Zone 4

Re: Post Covid FNC

Post by Golf »

tubeguru wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 17:38
Golf wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:20despite the c word that im not allowed to mention because of admin being paid and coerced by the elite\!
Shut up, Andi.
im free to voice my opinion something which u dont let me do so why dont u shut up neil or shall i point out truths which imbeciles and uneducated people like yourself whom just shout me down and ridicule me. 135 people 133 people in my work place got vaccinated 128 people caught covid out of the 133 after being vaccinated the 2 they didnt havent and have best sick records. and this is replicated percentage wise in all nursing wards despite the insistence of u must get vaccinated or you will get the sack and you call me a idiot.

i have never said its not a desease but its ur choice to vac or not i have never called anybody stupid orridiculed them for their choice or i have every said its voluntary and u must not be segregated from society or denied anything because u have chosen not to have an experimental vaccination that is on emergency licence still not fully given! so neil either shut up and let people speak or ban me because i know u will because ur an uneducated elite paid moderator whom wont let people apart from ur friends speak thier words the 1st ammendant in america says i have the right to speak as long as it dont hurt anybody which is what i have done since i began here and i have never ever ever spoken to you like im beneath you which is what u do each and every time so i dont like you neil and i dont like you preaching u instructions so go f yourself!
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Golf wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 23:40
tubeguru wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 17:38
Golf wrote: 22 Aug 2021, 21:20despite the c word that im not allowed to mention because of admin being paid and coerced by the elite\!
Shut up, Andi.
im free to voice my opinion something which u dont let me do so why dont u shut up neil or shall i point out truths which imbeciles and uneducated people like yourself whom just shout me down and ridicule me. 135 people 133 people in my work place got vaccinated 128 people caught covid out of the 133 after being vaccinated the 2 they didnt havent and have best sick records. and this is replicated percentage wise in all nursing wards despite the insistence of u must get vaccinated or you will get the sack and you call me a idiot.

i have never said its not a desease but its ur choice to vac or not i have never called anybody stupid orridiculed them for their choice or i have every said its voluntary and u must not be segregated from society or denied anything because u have chosen not to have an experimental vaccination that is on emergency licence still not fully given! so neil either shut up and let people speak or ban me because i know u will because ur an uneducated elite paid moderator whom wont let people apart from ur friends speak thier words the 1st ammendant in america says i have the right to speak as long as it dont hurt anybody which is what i have done since i began here and i have never ever ever spoken to you like im beneath you which is what u do each and every time so i dont like you neil and i dont like you preaching u instructions so go f yourself!
To be fair, I don't think I could censor a masterpiece such as this.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
ANDY_JS
Zone 2

Post by ANDY_JS »

This doesn't sound good for the Tube Challenge, to put it mildly.

"Sadiq Khan stages last-ditch battle to stop the London Underground going down the tube
Mayor of London has just days left to convince Boris Johnson to save the capital’s public transport network from going bankrupt" (£)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... derground/
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

ANDY_JS wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 18:21 This doesn't sound good for the Tube Challenge, to put it mildly.

"Sadiq Khan stages last-ditch battle to stop the London Underground going down the tube
Mayor of London has just days left to convince Boris Johnson to save the capital’s public transport network from going bankrupt" (£)

If you're going to quote newspaper articles, can you at least choose those that don't need a subscription to read the article?

Some of us don't wish to subscribe to such outlets ...

Member of sweet FA
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Whilst obviously not good for public transport in general, if an entire "major" line was to close (i.e. not the W&C) it would make for an interestingly different set of challenges!
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
ANDY_JS
Zone 2

Post by ANDY_JS »

tubeguru wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 19:01
ANDY_JS wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 18:21 This doesn't sound good for the Tube Challenge, to put it mildly.

If you're going to quote newspaper articles, can you at least choose those that don't need a subscription to read the article?

Most of them need subscriptions these days, but you can usually read a few without paying anything by registering.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

ANDY_JS wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 02:56
tubeguru wrote: 04 Dec 2021, 19:01

Most of them need subscriptions these days, but you can usually read a few without paying anything by registering.
Again, I'm not registering to the Daily Torygraph ...

Member of sweet FA
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

I'm now getting worried that my planned adventure that was originally considered back in March 2020 is now not going to happen. If as is rumoured the Bakerloo line could be permanently closed that will end my attempt permanently
Former record holder; Repton 3 Oceans high score 36916
Sheffield Supertram: 3:17:29
London Underground (243 stations): 18:06:49
Vienna U Bahn (FNC): 5:04:47
stepneygreen05
Zone 2

Post by stepneygreen05 »

How? We would just not have the bakerloo line.
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

I can accept Heathrow Terminal 4 not reopening for the foreseeable future but without Bakerloo line it just won't feel the same
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

How odd. In that case perhaps none of us should have done Tube Challenges once the East London line ceased to be an LU line?
jrparkin
Zone 3

Post by jrparkin »

Maybe I'm not explaining this too well, but the first inkling I had to do this was watching Geoff do it on The Tube programme. And then I saw on his YT channel a route based on the (then) current layout. And during the long months of Covid lockdown I decided to do it after this retched disease had finally gone.

I thought we'd turned a corner this summer as cases dropped, most of the country was getting vaccinated. The new stations opened so I pencilled in the new date of next March

Then I got news that part of the Northern Line was closing and wouldn't fully reopen until May at the earliest. So I would have waited 2.5 years for my great adventure

And then I hear that TFL is not in a good financial shape and part of the network might have to close. And I start to wish that not only Covid had never happened, but I wish I had this idea five years before and done it in 2016 the last time I went to London instead of seeing The Phantom of the Opera, a musical that I had already seen twice before on stage

In short I'm getting fed up. Fed up at living with a disease around me that isn't going to chuff off anytime soon and fed up that I can't do either of my hobbies ( amateur drama and going to the cinema) because I want to be safe for the guests that stay in the hotel where I work
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

jrparkin wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:10 Maybe I'm not explaining this too well, but the first inkling I had to do this was watching Geoff do it on The Tube programme. And then I saw on his YT channel a route based on the (then) current layout. And during the long months of Covid lockdown I decided to do it after this retched disease had finally gone.

no chance elite wont let you.

I thought we'd turned a corner this summer as cases dropped, most of the country was getting vaccinated. The new stations opened so I pencilled in the new date of next March

now ur find the vacced are mostly in hospitals.

Then I got news that part of the Northern Line was closing and wouldn't fully reopen until May at the earliest. So I would have waited 2.5 years for my great adventure

And then I hear that TFL is not in a good financial shape and part of the network might have to close. And I start to wish that not only Covid had never happened, but I wish I had this idea five years before and done it in 2016 the last time I went to London instead of seeing The Phantom of the Opera, a musical that I had already seen twice before on stage

In short I'm getting fed up. Fed up at living with a disease around me that isn't going to chuff off anytime soon and fed up that I can't do either of my hobbies ( amateur drama and going to the cinema) because I want to be safe for the guests that stay in the hotel where I work
[REDACTED] comply if u [REDACTED] comply everything will come back to normal [REDACTED].
tube olympic winner once
Lunaticonthegrass
Zone 4

Post by Lunaticonthegrass »

jrparkin wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:10 ...So I would have waited 2.5 years for my great adventure

I had to wait over 2 years to do my first FNC. It's was totally worth it.

I know it's frustrating right now, especially to look back at the past and wish we did things differently. But we always make decisions based in the best knowledge we have at the time. We can't change the past and you shouldn't get annoyed because of this. No-one predicted COVID.

I'm really glad you're being responsible right now by putting it off because of your line of work. Your day will come, and I wish you all the best for when it happens.
Full Network (270 stations) - 18:22:43
Parks - 7:57:23
Alphabet - 5:30:40
Roads, Streets and Lanes - 3:51:51
Zone 1 - 3:03:50 (Former record)
Bottle - 1:57:43
1 pint in 18 seconds
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

Golf wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 22:24
jrparkin wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:10 Maybe I'm not explaining this too well, but the first inkling I had to do this was watching Geoff do it on The Tube programme. And then I saw on his YT channel a route based on the (then) current layout. And during the long months of Covid lockdown I decided to do it after this retched disease had finally gone.

no chance elite wont let you.

now ur find the vacced are mostly in hospitals.

[REDACTED] comply if u [REDACTED] comply everything will come back to normal [REDACTED].
somebody been paid off
tube olympic winner once