I'm gonna do a full network

Let us know about your latest FULL NETWORK CHALLENGE efforts
User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1042
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Chadwell Heath

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by Steeevooo » 15 Mar 2017, 09:27

Going Underground wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:
Iain wrote:Have you actually been to the stations you're changing at? Because if you have I really don't see how you think you're going to make some of them.
The linked sheet isn't the record time, many changes have subsequently been made. Thanks for the advice, but I have made room for most of those tight interchanges. The other thing that may help is the support team we'll have...
Especially if they are door holding eh :wink:
Or if they have a motorbike/scooter/taxi/uber/car waiting for them ;)

FelixJ20000
Zone 2
Posts: 63
Joined: 19 Oct 2014, 16:21

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 » 15 Mar 2017, 16:13

Steeevooo wrote:
Going Underground wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:
Iain wrote:Have you actually been to the stations you're changing at? Because if you have I really don't see how you think you're going to make some of them.
The linked sheet isn't the record time, many changes have subsequently been made. Thanks for the advice, but I have made room for most of those tight interchanges. The other thing that may help is the support team we'll have...
Especially if they are door holding eh :wink:
Or if they have a motorbike/scooter/taxi/uber/car waiting for them ;)
Now that's outright cheating!

tufnellpark
Zone 2
Posts: 53
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 10:53
Location: Lewes, Sussex

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by tufnellpark » 22 Mar 2017, 13:55

FelixJ20000 wrote:Got down to 15:28.... Heh
Believe it when I see it. It's one thing planning routes on a spreadsheet and another thing getting out there and doing everything as planned. Correct carriage positions, which corridors/escalators to head down (or up), rush hour, bus stops, the roads to run down etc. Also it will be warm for the runs and Bakerloo Line in the summer.

I've done a few FNCs and every time some things have gone wrong costing 20-45 mins time. Good planning builds in some slack and alternatives. My advice is not to publicise a theoretical time but let us know how it actually goes on the day. Good luck.
London FNC 16:14:10
London Z1 WR 02:36:30
London 2016 Olympic Winner
Paris Metro WR 13:23:33
Land's End to John O'Groats by bus WR 3 days, 8 hours, 55 mins

tufnellpark
Zone 2
Posts: 53
Joined: 06 Apr 2015, 10:53
Location: Lewes, Sussex

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by tufnellpark » 22 Mar 2017, 13:57

Steeevooo wrote:Or if they have a motorbike/scooter/taxi/uber/car waiting for them ;)
Now that's an idea. Just got my theoretical time down to 14:12 by linking all the stations by car instead of running/buses. Result. I'll try it tomorrow.
London FNC 16:14:10
London Z1 WR 02:36:30
London 2016 Olympic Winner
Paris Metro WR 13:23:33
Land's End to John O'Groats by bus WR 3 days, 8 hours, 55 mins

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1042
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Chadwell Heath

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by Steeevooo » 22 Mar 2017, 15:30

tufnellpark wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:Or if they have a motorbike/scooter/taxi/uber/car waiting for them ;)
Now that's an idea. Just got my theoretical time down to 14:12 by linking all the stations by car instead of running/buses. Result. I'll try it tomorrow.
:lol: :lol: Have you built in enough slack to compensate for emergency Thames Water mains repair works though? ;)

User avatar
Iain
All Zones
Posts: 1300
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 11:26
Location: Sutton

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by Iain » 22 Mar 2017, 17:39

I reckon the Tomorrow People should have had a go at the record. They were based in a disused tube station iirc

[one for 70s kids]
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)

FelixJ20000
Zone 2
Posts: 63
Joined: 19 Oct 2014, 16:21

Re: I wanna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 » 22 Mar 2017, 18:19

tufnellpark wrote:
FelixJ20000 wrote:Got down to 15:28.... Heh
Believe it when I see it. It's one thing planning routes on a spreadsheet and another thing getting out there and doing everything as planned. Correct carriage positions, which corridors/escalators to head down (or up), rush hour, bus stops, the roads to run down etc. Also it will be warm for the runs and Bakerloo Line in the summer.

I've done a few FNCs and every time some things have gone wrong costing 20-45 mins time. Good planning builds in some slack and alternatives. My advice is not to publicise a theoretical time but let us know how it actually goes on the day. Good luck.
You're probably right, we shall indeed have to see how it goes!

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3490
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: Portishead OR London in the holidays. Most of the time.

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by Tube Geek » 22 Mar 2017, 20:07

Well I trump you all - I've bought Concorde,thus giving me a 01:56 time!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes. I hate the Piccadilly line.... :evil:
Countdown Lover (2 Large Please)
Bristol City Fan. Unfortunately.

User avatar
Steeevooo
All Zones
Posts: 1042
Joined: 14 Jul 2005, 11:23
Location: Chadwell Heath

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by Steeevooo » 23 Mar 2017, 11:51

Because Concorde would be so useful on a Tube Challenge...

User avatar
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone
Posts: 3490
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 19:06
Location: Portishead OR London in the holidays. Most of the time.

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by Tube Geek » 23 Mar 2017, 12:45

They've changed the rules yet again - you just have to see the station
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes. I hate the Piccadilly line.... :evil:
Countdown Lover (2 Large Please)
Bristol City Fan. Unfortunately.

FelixJ20000
Zone 2
Posts: 63
Joined: 19 Oct 2014, 16:21

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 » 23 Mar 2017, 19:09

What food is good to get delivered to us during the challenge?

User avatar
Iain
All Zones
Posts: 1300
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 11:26
Location: Sutton

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by Iain » 23 Mar 2017, 23:42

Whatever you like - although if it's anything heavy I'd try to schedule it away from a run.

Drink is also important
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)

FelixJ20000
Zone 2
Posts: 63
Joined: 19 Oct 2014, 16:21

Re: RE: Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by FelixJ20000 » 24 Mar 2017, 08:21

Iain wrote:Whatever you like - although if it's anything heavy I'd try to schedule it away from a run.

Drink is also important
Ok - I assumed it'd be best to avoid fast food etc

Drinks are of course important

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Iain
All Zones
Posts: 1300
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 11:26
Location: Sutton

Re: I'm gonna do a full network

Post by Iain » 24 Mar 2017, 08:38

I guess it depends what you like - although if you want anything non-fast food you may find it harder to obtain.

On unsupported runs I've taken stuff that is fairly harder to destroy by having it bouncing around on a run - so flapjack, Scotch eggs etc
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests