Tube Pox

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Norm
Zone 1

Tube Pox

Post by Norm »

Anyone else got tube pox? I felt achy on Monday and am currently burried under lemsip sachets and kleenex!

Just bad timing? Or have I lost my London tube resilience already? :)
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

This is a common complaint amongst tube challengers and those with not very storng immune systems. All day underground subjects you to everyone else's germs for longer.

Even I got it back in February but I was already coming down with something on the ill-fated Tube 8 day and that just finished me off.

Vitamin supplements are handy for tube challenges you know ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
jon
Zone 1

Post by jon »

Well when I was young I used to play in my dad's office (a clinic) so I am pretty much immuned to every possible germ.

But I still feel itchy.
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

It's probably Legionnaire's Disease..
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

Nutteronabus wrote:It's probably Legionnaire's Disease..
Thats actually a been a spate of Legionanaire's disease lately in London. Apparently it might be originating from the Lewisham area. If you were in Lewisham on the tube challenge day, then you were a bit lost!

For all those with the "tube pox", take loads of vitamin C, it usually does the trick.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Well am currently staying with Paul Well (PDW) in Clitheroe, and he's reporting that he hasn't felt 100% since the day itself!

I say he's just a fooking Northern Pansie, peronally - but he didn't seem to like that ...
PFW
Zone 3

Post by PFW »

Hmm - a mixture of things really havn't helped my current malaise, lack of sleep being paramount (driving from Clitheroe to Amersham the day before the Challenge, then back the following day, then working the following Saturday and Sunday...) but the fact that you can eat London air using a fork probably doesn't help.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Sounds like you boys need a good dust mask!

£3 each with £1 going to the Tube charity for every mask bought!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

CrunchySaviour wrote:Sounds like you boys need a good dust mask!

£3 each with £1 going to the Tube charity for every mask bought!
Does that include shipping? :D
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

Yes, to the UK it should include shipping.

I think I should be able to get away with just putting each one in an envelope and sealing it with tape, and just use a single stamp. It's up to 60g, isn't it, with one stamp?

If it comes to more than that I might have to charge 20p shipping!!!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
c0y0t3
Zone 1

Post by c0y0t3 »

Shockingly, am manage to get back to normal the next day after waking up at 12pm the very same day we get back from Upminster. Probably being brought up in Jakarta (one of the most polluted city in the world) had me well immuned. :lol:
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

c0y0t3 wrote:Shockingly, am manage to get back to normal the next day after waking up at 12pm the very same day we get back from Upminster. Probably being brought up in Jakarta (one of the most polluted city in the world) had me well immuned. :lol:

Up at 12?!

I was at the Reading Festival by that time!

And it took 2 hours to get in, after being redirected numerous times to different places for us to exchange our tickets for wristbands.. Useless bastards..
c0y0t3
Zone 1

Post by c0y0t3 »

Reading Festival?! ouw.. that's awesome! it's good when you are the audience! for me, having been working there for the construction and preparation every summer has taken its toll on me! anyway, nah, I'd decided to get my "beauty sleep" instead. Am getting old ya know.. :)