Hurricane

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Have a safe trip - stay in touch and let us know if there is anything you need.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
c0y0t3
Zone 1

Brighton

Post by c0y0t3 »

Tami, see you soon! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I had phoned the taxi company for tomorrow's trip and (if you dont mind to walk for about 15 minutes from my flat) I have a 24hour internet access in my office so we have nothing to worry about it. Hang in there, Tami! I know you will!!

Best regard
Jennie

ps: Geoff, Annie, Neil, Helene, everyone, you can contact me on the mobile if you would like to get in touch with Tami! Geoff has my number!
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

have a safe journey Tami, and know that all our thoughs will be with you.

And remember to let us know what we can do to help once you get back. If theres anything I can send over for you or anyone you know, please let me have an address.

What you have done for us is amazing, and I know I won't be alone in wanting to repay you in any possible way.

Nikki xx
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

after all that ..

Evening Standard tucked a tiny paragraph in on the end of page five about Tami in today's later editions... almost not worth the effort! And no picture (so why did they send a photographer!?)
jon
Zone 1

Post by jon »

Larger version

Page 4 early edition found on the Tube.
Last edited by jon on 31 Aug 2005, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

I bought both the early and late editions.. but only that small paragraph. It did get read out over (a rather late) breakfast in a nearby cafe though!!

I think slimy photographer was only sent to amuse us!!
garda
Zone 2

Post by garda »

A short paragraph for a short person! LOL. The latest:

All those in city left ordered to evacuate. Water is rising with several breeches and sandbags still arent in place. Supplies cant get into city.

All refugees in the Superdome are being bussed and boated out to AstroDome in Houston Texas. OVer 20,000 people.

Thugs are now looting homes and all businesses in groups stealing weapons and arming themselves in gangs to gain property. Police arent able to do much with extra support.

No updates from me about my family.
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Good sleuthing guys - Tami was also on Virgin Radio earlier today

Check out my blog for full details.

Safe journey home tomorrow Tami
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Tami, Jenni - whoever sees this first - we think that you will be on BBC London News on TV at about 10.25pm tonight - I don't know if you get that down in Brighton, but they may show it on the net or somewhere. We will try to tape it

Plus two Virgin mp3's are now on my blog from the 6pm recording and a different part of the interview at 7pm - love the way they pronounce Tami's surname.

Take care and safe flight tomorrow.
jon
Zone 1

Post by jon »

Hello Peeps!

Just got a phone call from Jenni.

A message from them: Tami's in Brighton safe and well and is currently at Jen's flat. They may pop over to Jen's office nearby later so you may see Tami online tonight.
Last edited by jon on 31 Aug 2005, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
matthewf
Zone 1

Tami on BBC London

Post by matthewf »

Tami was on BBC London News tonight. I have the report Sky+'d (hopefully) so I'll grab to DVD.

*hugs* to Tami
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Jon has actually show the long version of the story there.

The West End Final edition oly had two paragraphs rather than three!
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

It's all blogged with screen grabs of the TV Broadcast and Geoff is transferring the recording to WMV as we speak.

Tami you are an ABSOLUTE star - all the trauma you are going through right now and you still wear your tube relief T Shirt.
jon
Zone 1

Post by jon »

That was quick. My Win-TV Freeview PCI card is with Jen (and Brighton doesn't broadcast London news) so I couldn't record it. :(

Glad that BBC London devoted quite some airtime to her. Well compared to the Evening Standard... :roll:
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Geoff is working on getting it downloaded as we speak - however apparently you can see it again here at some stage tonight until 1.30am