The Post Event Party

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Annie Mole
Zone 2

The Post Event Party

Post by Annie Mole »

Where is everyone? Anyone would think you were all at a party last night or something :wink: :wink:

Anyway, I've updated the official Tube Relief blog with the party fun and games.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

I'm busy looking at a map trying to find Northwood Hills ...
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

LOL Geoff, you call yourself a record holder... :wink:
Just a few points for correction Annie, Chris Searle actually got his head stuck in the train door as he was so desperate to take a photo of the Bromley-by-Bow roundel that he neglected to see these big sliding things coming towards his head!
Also, just a name spelling correction, it's Sam Cawley, not Sam Crawley :P
Thanks for a great night out guys!
Annie Mole
Zone 2

Post by Annie Mole »

Steeevooo wrote: Just a few points for correction Annie, Chris Searle actually got his head stuck in the train door as he was so desperate to take a photo of the Bromley-by-Bow roundel that he neglected to see these big sliding things coming towards his head!
Also, just a name spelling correction, it's Sam Cawley, not Sam Crawley :P !
Cheers steve Corrected now
Fimb
Zone 2

Post by Fimb »

Had quite the adventure coming home.. two nasty men got on the bus, so bus driver refused to move, so nasty men attacked a woman.. Some big young men on bus "removed" nasty men from bus, who then kept running after bus trying to attack it.. They were still doing it when we had to get off.

Oh the joys of coming home at closing time!!

Fab night everyone, and thanks for the laughs.. Was so great to hear everyones stories and see people in a slightly more "normal" mode!
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Well I woke up eventually at around midday!

Legged it up to Oxford Circus, bought a ticket from a very efficient ticket machine (good job, as I had bugger all time). Came up onto the BR station concourse at Waterloo at 2331, giving me what I thought was 4 minutes to grab a ticket and jump on the last train, then checked the departures board, and couldn't see a Reading train up there. Then went and checked the paper timetables and found out that the last train was 2330. Doh! Got a train to Staines in the end, and managed to get good old Dad to give me a lift home.

Note to self: move to somewhere either in London, or with decent train connections to London, all night, like Reading or Twyford.