Bustitution

For discussion of Tube Relief 2005 (NOW CLOSED)
Senji
Zone 3

Bustitution

Post by Senji »

Something I can't find anywhere are any concrete details for the Piccadilly Bustitution services "A" and "B" beyond which tube stations they serve (which makes planning a bit awkward)

Of course, if the Piccadilly reopens then that'll be moot; and I'll need a different route alltogether...
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

What do you need to know exactly?

Surely you'd just take either Bus A between Arnos Grove and Finchley Central, or Bus B between Bounds Green and Seven Sisters (or the reverse) ...

I don't think either of them calls at opened tube stations in between. The LU site has this:

Service A: between Arnos Grove and Finchley Central.
Service B: between Bounds Green and Seven Sisters, calling at Wood Green and Turnpike Lane

What else do you need to know?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Vague ideas of how long they take, how often they run, and when the last one runs might be helpful :-) (although I'm growing to think that getting the spur end of the Picc done fairly early on might be a Plan).
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

If all goes according to plan, myself and Geoff aim to be there between 12 and 1pm.

Should be alright at that time of day.

Member of sweet FA
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Our route reckons that the Picadilly will be re-opened in time.

We're looking into amending it so we've got a back-up should this bold bit of planning go wrong, but we'll probably be doing the High Barnet-Cockfosters connection around 10pm.

Stupid? Probably.
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

Nutteronabus wrote:Our route reckons that the Picadilly will be re-opened in time.

We're looking into amending it so we've got a back-up should this bold bit of planning go wrong, but we'll probably be doing the High Barnet-Cockfosters connection around 10pm.

Stupid? Probably.
Well if it is stupid then at least your not alone. Our route wants us up near Cockfosters at about 10pm too!
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

James_#510 wrote:
Nutteronabus wrote:Our route reckons that the Picadilly will be re-opened in time.

Stupid? Probably.
Well if it is stupid then at least your not alone. Our route wants us up near Cockfosters at about 10pm too!
Whey!

We can cross an incredibly busy road and get run over together in complete darkness!

Sounds fun :D
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Well, should the Piccadilly be back on then we're going to use Tube 8 (the one we did back in February).

Otherwise, I have planned an alternative middle section to link up the missing bits in quite an elegant manner even if I do say so myself :-)

Cockfosters/Arnos Grove on Tube 8 happens just before we need to get between Kings Cross and Hyde Park Corner on the Piccadilly line. We've always got to Cockfosters between 12 and 12.30pm on our attempts anyway so that's what I'm expecting this time too.

Although we do MHE before Cockfosters so God knows what that's going to be like ...

OK, that's enough route giving-away :-)

Member of sweet FA
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Assuming the route I'm trying out at the moment works out I'll be passing through Cockfosters at about 2pm. But again, MHE beforehand....
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

...except that that route only works if I can travel backwards in time along the Jubilee line. Hmm...

... this route planning jobbie is difficult...
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

I'm back!

It should be remembered that TfLs website has a lot of bus spider maps for planning routes around the Piccadilly closure, and between termini. It can be accessed from http://www.thetube.com
James_#510
Zone 2

Post by James_#510 »

Nutteronabus wrote:
James_#510 wrote:

Stupid? Probably.
Whey!

We can cross an incredibly busy road and get run over together in complete darkness!

Sounds fun :D
Which way do you do the buses? CF-HB/HB-CF?

Also can I suggest visiting a motorcycle suppliers for reflective armbands or something if you're gonna be crossing roads at that sort of time? (Wouldn't look any dumber than a tube map t-shirt anyway!)
<a href="http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/sillyma ... g">Creator of the toilet map</a> New version coming soon!
Nutteronabus
Zone 5

Post by Nutteronabus »

Actually, upon thinking about it, we'll be doing it HB-CF, meaning we won't need to cross busy roads.

Though the reflective armbands might be an idea anyway, just for added sex appeal..
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Chris - don't think I'm criticising your route, but is it wise to be up at Cockfosters and at the mercy of replacement bus services at 10pm?

Maybe it's because I'm used to being there within 4 hours of coming down from Harrow and Wealdstone.

Member of sweet FA
Senji
Zone 3

Post by Senji »

Typically, of course, JourneyPlanner now has the replacement bus services; just as we start to think they might be back to normal by the day...